Cicero

"Stuart" wrote in message
I got a couple of these cylinder connectors today from Screwfix but
they don't contain washers ....Should they or do they not need them or
can I just use something else ......

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...&cd=1&x=7&y=12
Stuart

=============
I think you'll need fibre washers for these fittings. Buy a mixed pack from
Wickes, B&Q etc.

Cic.

Ed Sirett

On Wed, 09 Mar 2005 21:12:53 +0000, Stuart wrote:

I got a couple of these cylinder connectors today from Screwfix but
they don't contain washers ....Should they or do they not need them or
can I just use something else ......

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...&cd=1&x=7&y=12
Stuart

There are two types.
One does and one doesn't need washers. The ones that do are essentially
the same as tap connectors for a basin (say), but bigger. The ones that
don't make their seal by mating a conical part of the copper tube with the
inside rim of the cylinder fitting.

Unfortunately the photo does not shower which type it is.

Old Bill

Stuart wrote:
I got a couple of these cylinder connectors today from Screwfix but
they don't contain washers ....Should they or do they not need them or
can I just use something else ......

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...&cd=1&x=7&y=12
Stuart

I think these need fibre washers which of course you should have a
selection of in your plumbing bits box.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart

Default combi vs conventional

wrote:

I got a couple of these cylinder connectors today from Screwfix but
they don't contain washers ....Should they or do they not need them or
can I just use something else ......

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea/...&cd=1&x=7&y=12
Stuart

Thx David ...Thats the very one ..Dunno how I couldnt find it ...

Stuart

--

Shift THELEVER to reply.

C/H - Combi, condensing or conventional? Mark Trotman UK diy 12 January 5th 04 02:20 PM
How to correctly size combi boilers Dean UK diy 16 December 25th 03 10:49 PM
Combi Boilers Marv UK diy 5 November 2nd 03 11:34 PM
Replacing Conventional with Combi Boiler - How DIY is this ? Kevin UK diy 7 October 24th 03 11:07 PM