Jonathan

Default Hotpoint/Indesit dishwasher spares - any realistic prices?

A friend ordered a replacement cutlery basket, and later, some wheels for
his Hoptpoint dishwasher. The basket was bad enough for £20 (ish, I forget
now, but it was silly prices!).
But the wheels were....wait for it...£40 for a set of plastic wheels for the
top and bottom basket. PLUS - £5 for "special packaging and handling" (a
bubble envelope arrived with an 88p frank on it).

Rightly, they wrote and questioned the prices - basically, it seems like the
excuse is that everything is about £40 and postage is always about £5
("representing exceptional value blah blah insert standard paragraph here")

SO....not wanting to get caught out like this when it comes to repairing MY
appliances, is there a good "factor" of replacement "grey market", similar,
or even genuine parts, that are priced a little more realistically?

AC

Jonathan wrote:
A friend ordered a replacement cutlery basket, and later, some wheels for
his Hoptpoint dishwasher. The basket was bad enough for £20 (ish, I forget
now, but it was silly prices!).
But the wheels were....wait for it...£40 for a set of plastic wheels for the
top and bottom basket. PLUS - £5 for "special packaging and handling" (a
bubble envelope arrived with an 88p frank on it).

Rightly, they wrote and questioned the prices - basically, it seems like the
excuse is that everything is about £40 and postage is always about £5
("representing exceptional value blah blah insert standard paragraph here")

SO....not wanting to get caught out like this when it comes to repairing MY
appliances, is there a good "factor" of replacement "grey market", similar,
or even genuine parts, that are priced a little more realistically?

I was quoted similar prices by Hotpoint so looked elsewhere. Went with
mselectrical.co.uk - 14.99 for cutlery basket & 2.99 for wheel, goods
delivered next day.
Aidan

Try CPC.co.uk. (aka Farnell)

I oredered some bits for a Hotpoint washing machine yesterday. Ordered
at 11:10 for Standard delivery (2 - 5 days). Arrived today at 2:45
p.m.. About half the price of my local 'Domestic Appliance Spares and
Repairs' shop. It all looks to be good quality.

Dunno if they do dishwasher bits.

Bob Eager

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:06:06 UTC, "Aidan" wrote:

Try CPC.co.uk. (aka Farnell)

I oredered some bits for a Hotpoint washing machine yesterday. Ordered
at 11:10 for Standard delivery (2 - 5 days). Arrived today at 2:45
p.m.. About half the price of my local 'Domestic Appliance Spares and
Repairs' shop. It all looks to be good quality.

Dunno if they do dishwasher bits.

They do.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!
Jonathan

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:06:06 UTC, "Aidan" wrote:

Try CPC.co.uk. (aka Farnell)

I oredered some bits for a Hotpoint washing machine yesterday. Ordered
at 11:10 for Standard delivery (2 - 5 days). Arrived today at 2:45
p.m.. About half the price of my local 'Domestic Appliance Spares and
Repairs' shop. It all looks to be good quality.

Dunno if they do dishwasher bits.

They do.

Wow - never thought of cpc, even though I knew of them.

Well, thanks for those top tips - duly bookmarked and noted!

Bob Eager

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 19:16:27 UTC, "Jonathan"
wrote:

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 15:06:06 UTC, "Aidan" wrote:

Try CPC.co.uk. (aka Farnell)

I oredered some bits for a Hotpoint washing machine yesterday. Ordered
at 11:10 for Standard delivery (2 - 5 days). Arrived today at 2:45
p.m.. About half the price of my local 'Domestic Appliance Spares and
Repairs' shop. It all looks to be good quality.

Dunno if they do dishwasher bits.

They do.

Wow - never thought of cpc, even though I knew of them.

They list only a few parts online and in the catalogue - so if the part
you want isn't there, ring up and ask.