jbancroft1957

Default Laminate flooring question

Hi everyone.

I'm in the process of deciding what laminate flooring to buy.

Now, the flooring Homebase sells (Floormaster) states that you need to
fill the expansion gap with some special cork strips. Is this necessary
and what are they for? I don't understand why you'd want to fill a gap
that has been purposely created to allow for expansion.

I've tried searching the web/groups for an answer but haven't found one
as yet!

Help/advice gratefully received.

Thanks.

John

Owain

jbancroft1957 wrote:
Now, the flooring Homebase sells (Floormaster) states that you need to
fill the expansion gap with some special cork strips. Is this necessary
and what are they for? I don't understand why you'd want to fill a gap
that has been purposely created to allow for expansion.

Cork is compressible, so it fills the gap whilst permitting some
expansion. Depending on the colour of the laminate and the cork, it
might look better than covering the gap with beading.

Of course, Homebase probably have greater Added Value from selling
special cork-strip-for-laminate-floor than they do from selling cheapo
beading.

Owain

jbancroft1957

Thanks for your help.