Default White blown vinyl: need to paint over?

I've been looking for some thick wallpaper for my kitchen.

In B&Q they have quite a few white blown-vinyl paintable wallpapers
that will do the trick.

Question: Are you supposed to emulsion over these papers once they are
put up? Or do they look OK "au naturel"? I am looking for a white
wallpaper, ideally I wouldn't want the extra work of painting.

Bruce

Stuart Noble

wrote in message
oups.com...
I've been looking for some thick wallpaper for my kitchen.

In B&Q they have quite a few white blown-vinyl paintable wallpapers
that will do the trick.

Question: Are you supposed to emulsion over these papers once they are
put up? Or do they look OK "au naturel"? I am looking for a white
wallpaper, ideally I wouldn't want the extra work of painting.

They do a lining paper specifically for painting over, which is also a blown
vinyl (although it doesn't say so). Virtually no design, just ever so
slightly textured. Looks fine without the paint and has decent water
resistance compared to standard lining paper.

Paint formula changes av Home Repair 27 May 28th 14 08:02 AM
White Sprit takes off new gloss paint, WHY??? James Salisbury UK diy 9 October 4th 04 10:21 PM
Paint a green bath white? Paul Clarke UK diy 3 March 27th 04 01:03 AM
Just got new external door - what kind of paint do I use on it? Blake Patterson Home Repair 16 February 6th 04 11:03 PM