Arthur

Default radiator on landing

Any advice for choosing a radiator for a bedroom landing?
The only position I could place the radiator would be along the
horizontal bannister (only term I can come up with)..the section that
runs along the landing. It is 2.1m in length.

Or is a radiator in this area a waste of money?

Arthur

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Arthur wrote:
Any advice for choosing a radiator for a bedroom landing?
The only position I could place the radiator would be along the
horizontal bannister (only term I can come up with)..the section that
runs along the landing. It is 2.1m in length.

Or is a radiator in this area a waste of money?

On a normal two storey house I'd expect an adequate sized rad on the
ground floor to heat the first floor landing too.

--
*When everything's coming your way, you're in the wrong lane *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Mike Faithfull

"Arthur" wrote in message
Any advice for choosing a radiator for a bedroom landing?
The only position I could place the radiator would be along the
horizontal bannister (only term I can come up with)..the section that
runs along the landing. It is 2.1m in length.

Or is a radiator in this area a waste of money?

Before the recent wonderful world of new boiler and TRVs, we used to keep
the rads in the three bedrooms shut off. Leaving the bedroom doors open,
the heat from the rad on the landing was sufficient to take the chill off
the bedrooms but making them just warm enough to provide a cool and pleasant
environment for sleeping. Now, with the newly-fitted TRVs everything is much
more even with little or no temperature gradient between a hot landing and a
cool bedroom, and to be honest, the landing rad is hardly justified. YMMV.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Mike Faithfull wrote:
Now, with the newly-fitted TRVs everything is much more even with little
or no temperature gradient between a hot landing and a cool bedroom, and
to be honest, the landing rad is hardly justified.

You like getting up to a cool bedroom? Sounds more like a torture to me.;-)

--
*There's no place like www.home.com *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
mike ring

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in
:

You like getting up to a cool bedroom? Sounds more like a torture to
me.;-)

Wuss!

When I were a lad......

mike
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
mike ring wrote:
You like getting up to a cool bedroom? Sounds more like a torture to
me.;-)

Wuss!

When I were a lad......

Same here coming from Aberdeen, where the house was heated by one coal
fire. Which was not kept on overnight. So ice on the inside of the windows
was common in winter.

Hence I now like to wake up to a warm bedroom. I've done my penance. :-)

--
*When the chips are down, the buffalo is empty.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
dave @ stejonda

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ,
mike ring wrote:
You like getting up to a cool bedroom? Sounds more like a torture to
me.;-)

Wuss!

When I were a lad......

Same here coming from Aberdeen, where the house was heated by one coal
fire. Which was not kept on overnight. So ice on the inside of the windows
was common in winter.

Pahh! We had that in our house in Kent! My dad said it provided extra
insulation.

Hence I now like to wake up to a warm bedroom. I've done my penance. :-)

I like to sleep with a window always open to compensate for my wife's
insistence on keeping her side of the electric blanket on! (Cause &
effect is definitely that way round ;-)

--
dave @ stejonda

Landing Passage Wallpaper or Paint Mo Thanku UK diy 4 October 24th 04 08:08 PM
Landing Light Switch Bodysnatcher UK diy 16 August 3rd 04 11:11 AM
hardwood floor landing DK Home Repair 0 February 9th 04 10:42 PM
Hall and landing - light switching confusion... Allen UK diy 13 December 15th 03 05:32 PM
gas boiler on landing: noise? Niel A. Farrow UK diy 3 November 1st 03 04:07 PM