Mike Faithfull

"Arthur" wrote in message
Any advice for choosing a radiator for a bedroom landing?
The only position I could place the radiator would be along the
horizontal bannister (only term I can come up with)..the section that
runs along the landing. It is 2.1m in length.

Or is a radiator in this area a waste of money?

Before the recent wonderful world of new boiler and TRVs, we used to keep
the rads in the three bedrooms shut off. Leaving the bedroom doors open,
the heat from the rad on the landing was sufficient to take the chill off
the bedrooms but making them just warm enough to provide a cool and pleasant
environment for sleeping. Now, with the newly-fitted TRVs everything is much
more even with little or no temperature gradient between a hot landing and a
cool bedroom, and to be honest, the landing rad is hardly justified. YMMV.