Default Fused spur & Part P

I may be installing a power shower in the near future. It will need a (3
amp) fused spur.

Is diy ok, or does it fall foul of Part P?

Beware spamtrap - remove the negative
brugnospamsia

--

you did it last year didn't you ?

;-)

Lurch

On 24 Feb 2005 19:47:42 GMT, F strung
together this:

I may be installing a power shower in the near future. It will need a (3
amp) fused spur.

Is diy ok, or does it fall foul of Part P?

Inside the scope of Part P as it's in a bathroom in a dwelling.
--

SJW
Mike Harrison

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005 23:04:04 +0000, Lurch wrote:

On 24 Feb 2005 19:47:42 GMT, F strung
together this:

I may be installing a power shower in the near future. It will need a (3
amp) fused spur.

Is diy ok, or does it fall foul of Part P?

Inside the scope of Part P as it's in a bathroom in a dwelling.

The spur could be outside the bathroom.....

Lurch wrote in
:

Inside the scope of Part P as it's in a bathroom in a dwelling.

Erm, it's in a shower room. No bath, no toilet, no handbasin... and I
just know you're going to tell me that it's still Part P.

Second attempt to wriggle out. The installation instructions say that the
switch must be out of reach of anyone using the shower and that it could be
outside the room. Still Part P?

Beware spamtrap - remove the negative
David M

F wrote:
Lurch wrote in
:

Inside the scope of Part P as it's in a bathroom in a dwelling.

Erm, it's in a shower room. No bath, no toilet, no handbasin... and I
just know you're going to tell me that it's still Part P.

Second attempt to wriggle out. The installation instructions say that the
switch must be out of reach of anyone using the shower and that it could be
outside the room. Still Part P?

what I don't get is all these people who want to wriggle around part P, but
post here looking for some sort of get out clause. If you want to do it
them go ahead and do it.
If they are going to prosecute you then you could well be giving then some
ammo by leaving this trail of documentation, showing that you are aware of
part P... they're monitoring everything you know :-)

If you are competent then there is no great issue, ultimately it will be
very difficult for THEM to prove it was installed after 1/1/2005, at least
for a good few years, unless your cable, or pump has a date code on it.

But as an alternative view, it is my understanding that items under the
bathroom floor do not fall under part P as a special location (e.g lighting
circuits) so with the spur located outside the room there is some scope for
looking at this in a similar vain, depending on the exact location of the pump.

cheers

David

David M wrote in
:

what I don't get is all these people who want to wriggle around part
P, but post here looking for some sort of get out clause. If you want
to do it them go ahead and do it.
If they are going to prosecute you then you could well be giving then
some ammo by leaving this trail of documentation, showing that you are
aware of part P... they're monitoring everything you know :-)

Perhaps my decision to use 'wriggle' was a bad one.

Just looking to find a way to do it without contravening Part P. If I can
do it legally, I will. If not, I won't. Hence the 'trail' isn't an issue
for me.

Beware spamtrap - remove the negative

Help finding old router part Jon Woodworking 14 March 18th 06 11:40 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Part P - new cable colours CRB UK diy 50 November 30th 04 11:13 PM
Newbie Question on Spur Centers buck Woodturning 11 November 21st 04 09:22 PM
Still looking for Mitsubishi VCR part # !!! sogs Electronics Repair 2 July 1st 04 01:06 AM