stuart noble

Default Boiler problem

We have a leBlanc combi boiler which has suddenly started delivering warm
rather than hot water. The water temperature control knob still increases
the flame height on the main burner but the maximum level seems lower than
previously. Looks like the same applies when the heating is on.
Any suggestions welcome. It has operated more or less faultlessly for 18
years so I am reluctant to replace it if it isn't necessary.

Alex Threlfall

In article ,
says...
We have a leBlanc combi boiler which has suddenly started delivering warm
rather than hot water. The water temperature control knob still increases
the flame height on the main burner but the maximum level seems lower than
previously. Looks like the same applies when the heating is on.
Any suggestions welcome. It has operated more or less faultlessly for 18
years so I am reluctant to replace it if it isn't necessary.

throw the ****er out! they're horrid boilers! and whatever it is, it'll
be expensive to replace, and probably obselete after 18 years
--
Alex Threlfall
Cyberprog New Media
stuart noble

Alex Threlfall wrote in message ...
throw the ****er out! they're horrid boilers! and whatever it is, it'll
be expensive to replace, and probably obselete after 18 years

Hey thanks Alex. Just the sort of helpful advice I was loolking for.
Anyway, what's horrid about them? They heat water. What the hell else are
they supposed to do?

Pete C

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 14:08:32 +0100, "stuart noble"
wrote:

We have a leBlanc combi boiler which has suddenly started delivering warm
rather than hot water. The water temperature control knob still increases
the flame height on the main burner but the maximum level seems lower than
previously. Looks like the same applies when the heating is on.
Any suggestions welcome. It has operated more or less faultlessly for 18
years so I am reluctant to replace it if it isn't necessary.

Hi,

Sounds like the gas valve on the burner is sticking.

cheers,
Pete.

Hugh

always worth trying heat sensors first - only cost £6 - 10 each - simple to
fit, and because they get furred up/and/or fail, can cause havoc.
I'm talking Worcester boilers here - but maybe just as simple on other
brands - a call to tech. helpline is often worthwhile.
Hugh
---------
wrote:

We have a leBlanc combi boiler which has suddenly started delivering warm
rather than hot water. The water temperature control knob still increases
the flame height on the main burner but the maximum level seems lower

than
previously. Looks like the same applies when the heating is on.
Any suggestions welcome. It has operated more or less faultlessly for 18
years so I am reluctant to replace it if it isn't necessary.

Hi,

Sounds like the gas valve on the burner is sticking.

cheers,
Pete.

John

"stuart noble" wrote in message

Alex Threlfall wrote in message ...
throw the ****er out! they're horrid boilers! and whatever it is, it'll
be expensive to replace, and probably obselete after 18 years

Hey thanks Alex. Just the sort of helpful advice I was loolking for.
Anyway, what's horrid about them? They heat water. What the hell else are
they supposed to do?

Whilst sharing the opinion of the model I'd suggest you may have a problem
with a diverter valve. Is the heating pipework warming up when you ask it
for hot water? This assumes that your gas variation is actually adequate but
this would need a manometer to check

stuart noble

John wrote in message ...

"stuart noble" wrote in message

Alex Threlfall wrote in message ...
throw the ****er out! they're horrid boilers! and whatever it is, it'll
be expensive to replace, and probably obselete after 18 years

Hey thanks Alex. Just the sort of helpful advice I was loolking for.
Anyway, what's horrid about them? They heat water. What the hell else are
they supposed to do?

Whilst sharing the opinion of the model I'd suggest you may have a problem
with a diverter valve. Is the heating pipework warming up when you ask it
for hot water? This assumes that your gas variation is actually adequate

but
this would need a manometer to check

Thanks. I'll check that but, in the meantime, I'm interested to know why you
dislike them. I was actually on the point of trying to get another LeBlanc
till I discovered they're now owned by Bosch. If it has faults that I've
been unaware of for 18 years, I'd obviously like to avoid them in any
replacement boiler.

Pete C

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 23:05:48 +0000 (UTC), "Hugh"
wrote:

always worth trying heat sensors first - only cost £6 - 10 each - simple to
fit, and because they get furred up/and/or fail, can cause havoc.
I'm talking Worcester boilers here - but maybe just as simple on other
brands - a call to tech. helpline is often worthwhile.
Hugh

Hi,

What do the heat sensors do?

cheers,
Pete.

boiler / central heating problem - main burner weak and cuts out SledgehammerSteve UK diy 8 March 16th 04 12:32 PM
Old Baxi WM 531 RS boiler problem David Hearn UK diy 8 December 1st 03 06:58 PM
Boiler Problem Gradually Getting Worse Frank Davis UK diy 1 October 23rd 03 10:00 PM
Boiler problem - hot water, cold radiators Dan the man UK diy 9 October 7th 03 11:26 PM