Broadback

Default Off topic, best tv help

I wonder if someone can point me to the best newsgroup for tv help. The
problem is getting the interconnections right with TV, Sky, video
recorder. I've tried Google and searching newsgroup, but am obviously
putting in the wrong parameters
TIA
Paul King

Broadback wrote:
I wonder if someone can point me to the best newsgroup for tv help.
The problem is getting the interconnections right with TV, Sky, video
recorder. I've tried Google and searching newsgroup, but am obviously
putting in the wrong parameters
TIA

What are you trying to do - RF or Scart?

For RF its simply SkyBox RF1 out to VCR Rf in, VCR RF out to TV.

For scart its SkyBox VCR Scart out to VCR Scart In, VCR Scart out to TV.

Broadback wrote:
I wonder if someone can point me to the best newsgroup for tv help. The
problem is getting the interconnections right with TV, Sky, video
recorder. I've tried Google and searching newsgroup, but am obviously
putting in the wrong parameters

Try uk.tech.digital-tv, they're quite helpful there.

--
Chris Green
John

"Broadback" wrote in message
I wonder if someone can point me to the best newsgroup for tv help. The
problem is getting the interconnections right with TV, Sky, video recorder.
I've tried Google and searching newsgroup, but am obviously putting in the
wrong parameters
TIA

http://www.avforums.com

Lurch

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:29:04 +0000, Broadback
strung together this:

I wonder if someone can point me to the best newsgroup for tv help. The
problem is getting the interconnections right with TV, Sky, video
recorder. I've tried Google and searching newsgroup, but am obviously
putting in the wrong parameters

Try having a read of this
http://www.dtg.org.uk/publications/books/connectivity_guidelines.pdf
--

SJW

Broadback

Lurch wrote:

On Mon, 14 Feb 2005 15:29:04 +0000, Broadback
strung together this:

I wonder if someone can point me to the best newsgroup for tv help. The
problem is getting the interconnections right with TV, Sky, video
recorder. I've tried Google and searching newsgroup, but am obviously
putting in the wrong parameters

Try having a read of this
http://www.dtg.org.uk/publications/books/connectivity_guidelines.pdf

Thank you all for your help, I'll try those places.
Paul, I have done that, and still have problems. In fact I have tried
all combinations with no correct result. If I use the recommended
connections I can only record from the sky box if my TV is on.
Paul King

Broadback wrote:
Paul, I have done that, and still have problems. In fact I have tried
all combinations with no correct result. If I use the recommended
connections I can only record from the sky box if my TV is on.

There's no reason why you need the TV on to record.

There's two scart sockets on the SkyBox. One's marked TV and the other's
marked VCR. The TV one is "out only" whilst the VCR one is "in/out".

Assuming you are using a full-wired Scart cable where all 21 pins are wired
(not all are - even though they have 21 pins!), then you just need to
connect the Skybox VCR Scart to the VCR In or VCR In/Out scart. If your TV
is Scart too, then connect the Skybox VCR Scart to the VCR In Scart, and
connect the TV (with another full-wired 21pin cable) to the VCR Out Scart.

To record, you'll need to select AV (or AV1) as the input for the VCR.

The only other possible cause of your problem could be that the SkyBox is
not controlling its VCR Scart. That's set up in the System Settings menu on
the Skybox (I think).

Broadback

Paul King wrote:
Broadback wrote:

[...]

Thanks for your help Paul, I do not understand it, I have tried
different scart leads, there is no set up option on my sky box. I have
tried swapping the sky box plugs over, that gives me an output to the
video recorder with the tv off, but I lose control of the recorder.
Paul King

Broadback wrote:
Paul King wrote:
Broadback wrote:

[...]

Broadback,

E-mail me and I'll scan the relevant pages from the Sky Installation Book
for you