Lenny

Default off topic but yet another email scam

Hi everyone. I know this is off topic but if it can prevent even one
of us from being screwed by Nigerian "bank presidents" or other such
individuals trying to get they're mitts into our bank accounts then it
will be worth sharing. Anyone have any theory's on how THIS one might
work?
Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics

THIS TOOK TWO PAGES OF THE TUESDAY USATODAY - IT IS FOR REAL

Subject: PLEEEEEEASE READ!!!! it was on the news!

!!!! It was on the news! Kathy South Alcoa - EHS Maintenance
Coordinator
Phone: 765/771 - 3547 Pager : 765/420 - 6575

To all of my friends, I do not usually forward messages, But this is
from
my good friend Pearlas Sandborn and she really is an attorney.

If she says that this will work - It will work. After all, What have
you
got to lose? SORRY EVERYBODY.. JUST HAD TO TAKE THE CHANCE!!! I'm an
attorney, And I know the law. This thing is for real. Rest assured AOL
and
Intel will follow through with their promises for fear of facing a
multimillion-dollar class action suit similar to the one filed by
PepsiCo
against General Electric not too long ago.

Dear Friends; Please do not take this for a junk letter. Bill Gates
sharing his fortune. If you ignore this, You will repent later.
Microsoft
and AOL are now the largest Internet companies and in an effort!to make
sure that Internet Explorer remains the most widely used program,
Microsoft and AOL are running an e-mail beta test.

When you forward this e-mail to friends, Microsoft can and will track
it (
If you are a Microsoft Windows user) For a two weeks time period.

For every person that you forward this e-mail to, Microsoft will pay
you
$245.00 For every person that you sent it to that forwards it on,
Microsoft will pay you $243.00 and for every third person that receives
it, You will be paid $241.00. Within two weeks, Microsoft will contact
you
for your address and then send you a check.

Regards. Charles S Bailey General Manager Field Operations
1-800-842-2332 Ext. 1085 or 904-1085 or RNX
292-1085

I thought this was a scam myself, But two weeks after receiving this
e-mail and forwarding it on. Microsoft contacted me for my address and
withindays, I receive a check for $24,800.00. You need to respond
before
the beta testing is over. If anyone can affoard this, Bill gates is the
man.

It's all marketing expense to him. Please forward this to as many
people
as possible. You are bound to get at least $10,000.00. We're not going
help them out with their e-mail beta test without getting a little
something for our time. My brother's girlfriend got in on this a few
months ago. When i went to visit him for the Baylor/UT game. She showed
me
her check. It was for the sum of $4,324.44 and was stamped "Paid in
full"

Like i said before, I know the law, and this is for real.

Intel and AOL are now discussing a merger which would make them the
largest Internet company and in an effort!make sure that AOL remains
the
most widely used program, Intel and AOL are running an e-mail beta
test.

When you forward this e-mail to friends, Intel can and will track it(
if
you are a Microsoft Windows user)for a two week time period.

TRy it; What have you got to lose????

John Miller

Lenny wrote:
Hi everyone. I know this is off topic but if it can prevent even one
of us from being screwed by Nigerian "bank presidents" or other such
individuals trying to get they're mitts into our bank accounts then it
will be worth sharing. Anyone have any theory's on how THIS one might
work?

Its goal is not to take your money (directly), but rather, merely to make a
fool out of you by demonstrating/exploiting your gullibility. Details
he

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/nothing/billgate.asp

--
John Miller

QOTD:
"I've just learned about his illness. Let's hope it's nothing
trivial."

James Sweet

"Lenny" wrote in message
om...
Hi everyone. I know this is off topic but if it can prevent even one
of us from being screwed by Nigerian "bank presidents" or other such
individuals trying to get they're mitts into our bank accounts then it
will be worth sharing. Anyone have any theory's on how THIS one might
work?
Lenny Stein, Barlen Electronics

I've seen that one floating around for years, I always figured anyone stupid
enough to fall for these scams deserves what they get.

Ken Weitzel

"Lenny" wrote in message
om...

Hi everyone. I know this is off topic but if it can prevent even one
of us from being screwed by Nigerian "bank presidents" or other such
individuals trying to get they're mitts into our bank accounts then it
will be worth sharing. Anyone have any theory's on how THIS one might
work?

Hi...

Guess I'm just luckier than average; I get at least a
couple every day

Hey, I've even won some random computer lottery a few
times... 1.8 million US dollars each time

Anyway, the way the one that you got works is that
they'll be all set to send you the money, but...

They have to have a few hundred dollars to bribe some
government official, once you send that, then...

They need another few hundred to bribe the bank
official, once you send that, then...

They need another few hundred for currency conversion
costs, but as soon as you send that, then...

They need another few hundred to rent an armored car
to transport the money, but as soon as you send that...

They need a few hundred to bribe a policeman who's
on to what they're doing, but as soon as...

You get the idea; they'll keep going until you're
either out of funds or give up (catch on)

Easier is for you to just send ME all your
money - or burn it

Take care.

Ken

L. Fiar

"Ken Weitzel" wrote in message

Hey, I've even won some random computer lottery a few
times... 1.8 million US dollars each time

The telephone version of that one is really good...

First of all, they need you to pay the taxes before they can release the
winnings.

Then, they contact you to tell you that the person who you dealt with run
off with the tax payments, so you need to send it again.

Then, you get contacted by "the police", who tell you that the people were
scammers. The thing is, to get your money back, they need some payment as
bait so that they can catch them when they collect.
Guess who provides the "bait".

And, yes, the "police" are just the scammers getting another payment from
you.

They have balls, I'll give them that, big bold balls.

L. Fiar

"Mike Kennedy" wrote in message
k.net...
and you know this how, just wondering??

A wonderful, modern day invention...
It's called television.

The BBC had a series called "Scam busters", on which they exposed many
scams. They tracked down the scammers, and sometimes even went as far as
scamming them.

One of the scammers had used the proceeds to fund a high class car
dealership, which they visited in order to confront him.
They did a nice trick on another one of the scammers, who claims to need
help releasing his money from a bank account. They had him searching a
field, hoping to find some buried money.

They even showed the mathematics to prove that these pyramid schemes, where
everyone sends money down the line, cannot possibly work. The people who
start them may also start off with a list which is all addresses that lead
to them getting the money... so they cannot lose.

eBay Scam Marv Soloff Metalworking 5 December 31st 03 01:16 PM
Spammed by Screwfix? Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) UK diy 123 December 31st 03 12:59 AM