j.lef

Default Way off topic, t.v setting

I know this is a bit off topic, but I know you good people in this
newsgroup are knowledgable on all matters. LOL
I get conflicting answers from Sony, so thought I would ask here.
I got a brand new sony kv27fs210 sony television. It is a regular 27
inch flat screen crt televison, not hd.
It has a setting for 16:9 on it, that is for enchanced dvd viewing, but
the selection is never highlighted to enable it.
My year old sonic blue(go video) dvd-vhs combination does not have
progressive scan on it, but it does have a setting for 16:9 on it.
No matter what setting I set the dvd player for, the television does
not highlight the 16:9 ratio for enchanced viewing.
One person at sony told me you need a progressive scan, another
told me you just need to set your dvd player for the proper setting. Nothing
seems to enable it.
Any ideas?? The sony instruction manual is pretty well useless,
but it is a very fine t. v. set.

Much regards Jerry

Sparky

How is the player connected to the TV? It might need to be connected
through S-Video or even component video in order to activate that setting.
The manual for your tv says that the option is only selectable when the tv
is in video mode. You don't have it hooked up by a simple RF cable by any
chance, do you?

j.lef wrote:
[...]

j.lef

"Sparky" wrote in message
How is the player connected to the TV? It might need to be connected
through S-Video or even component video in order to activate that setting.
The manual for your tv says that the option is only selectable when the tv
is in video mode. You don't have it hooked up by a simple RF cable by any
chance, do you?

I do not have it hooked up to super video, but I am

using three ended plugs for the two channels of stereo and the one for
video, going from the dvd out to the tv in. Do I have it hooked up wrong?

Thanks for taking the time to answer
this post. Much regards Jerry

Tony Hwang

j.lef wrote:
"Sparky" wrote in message

How is the player connected to the TV? It might need to be connected
through S-Video or even component video in order to activate that setting.
The manual for your tv says that the option is only selectable when the tv
is in video mode. You don't have it hooked up by a simple RF cable by any
chance, do you?

I do not have it hooked up to super video, but I am

using three ended plugs for the two channels of stereo and the one for
video, going from the dvd out to the tv in. Do I have it hooked up wrong?

Thanks for taking the time to answer
this post. Much regards Jerry

Hi,
Red - Stereo right
White - Stereo left
Yellow - video
Usually S- video is for that only.(Super video)
If you have more than one set of input, select proper one.
Tony