Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk

Default 22m or 28mm ?

Pipe run from boiler to UFH manifold is specified by UFH folks as 28mm
so 28mm fittings on manifold, but current run is in 22mm.

Were I to bother to replace the 8' run in 28mm, would there be
significant benefit as I'd have to replace 3 nicely radiused bends (both
f+R) with 28mm 90 degrees.
i.e. would solder 90's on 28mm still make for significantly greater flow
than radi'd 22 mm (both F + R)

(The run essentially round 3 sides of base of old chimney stack in
airing cuppoard.)

Persdonally I'm thinking towards just 28mm from Manifold to existing 22mm.

http://gymratz.co.uk/hot-seat.htm - Live web-cam! (sometimes)

Boiler location John UK diy 49 January 24th 05 07:46 PM
Gas meter connection - 22mm to 28mm sjj UK diy 6 September 14th 04 12:01 PM
Any CH Wiring experts! Pete UK diy 16 August 27th 04 02:15 AM
28 mm reducer straight into compression larry UK diy 4 March 8th 04 09:30 PM
Central heating layout design Niel A. Farrow UK diy 2 August 11th 03 11:01 AM