sjj

Default Gas meter connection - 22mm to 28mm

I'm connecting a 35kW boiler to a BK-G4 meter that has a 22mm spigot.
Pipework to the boiler (the only gas appliance in the house) is 20 meters.
Using CIBSE to calculate the pressure drop I believe I need 28mm piping.

Question : Can I connect a 28mm pipe to a 22mm meter connection?
And if so whats the best method?

Thanks,
Steve.

IMM

"sjj" wrote in message
I'm connecting a 35kW boiler to a BK-G4 meter that has a 22mm spigot.
Pipework to the boiler (the only gas appliance in the house) is 20 meters.
Using CIBSE to calculate the pressure drop I believe I need 28mm piping.

Question : Can I connect a 28mm pipe to a 22mm meter connection?
And if so whats the best method?

Thanks,
Steve.

Go to:
http://www.bes.ltd.uk

Assuming the meter horn has a 1" MBSP connection.

Part Nos:
0246 (direct to 28mm copper)
2415

If the meter has a 3/4" MBSP connection then:

Part Nos:
0260 (connects to 22mm pipe and have to insert a 28mm x 22mm reducer.
8720

Order few washers.

sjj

Thanks IMM,
the gas-meter has something like Bes part no: 0981 - 22mm female capillary.
is a 22mm X 28mm reducer the best thing for this or replace 0981 with 0246.

All the diagrams I've seen show gas flowing from larger bore pipes to
smaller bore, I was a bit worried about the smaller bore at the meter.
Thanks,
Steve

"IMM" wrote in message

"sjj" wrote in message
[...]

IMM

"sjj" wrote in message
Thanks IMM,
the gas-meter has something like Bes part no: 0981 - 22mm female

capillary.
is a 22mm X 28mm reducer the best thing for this or replace 0981 with

0246.

All the diagrams I've seen show gas flowing from larger bore pipes to
smaller bore, I was a bit worried about the smaller bore at the meter.
Thanks,
Steve

Go to: http://www.bes.ltd.uk

Type in the Part Nos:
0246 (direct to 28mm copper)
2415

This is a 28mm meter adaptor and washer. Get this and 28mm pipe is
connected directly to the meter outlet.

"IMM" wrote in message

"sjj" wrote in message
[...]

sjj

Thanks,
0246 does not appear to have the groove for the meter bracket, would that
cause a problem?
Steve.

"IMM" wrote in message

"sjj" wrote in message
[...]

IMM

"sjj" wrote in message

Try
http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/037.asp

0217 - 1 inch MBSP with goove for the meter bracket.
4827 - for washer

Use a 9006 1" FBSP to 28mm compression adaptor to screw onto the meter
adaptor. Use only soldered joints on the gas pipe run. Compression is
allowable on the meter. In fact there is no regulation that precludes
compression on gas pipes, but the convention is have soldered joints on the
run except using compression at appliances as a means of disconnection. Use
gas approved jointing compound for the 1 inch FBSP fitting. Don't use the
gas PTFE tape as the compound is better.

http://www.bes.ltd.uk/products/140.asp

Best get yourself a number of washers and re-washer the meter inlet pipe
too.