Default Wallpaper steamer: usage for steam cleaning

Just got one of those wallpaper steamers, =A325 from B&Q. Invaluable for
removing wallpaper which has been painted over.

My question: Has anyone used one of these wallpaper steamers for
general purpose steam cleaning? I have some old tiles in the kitchen
and maybe a steam clean would brighten them up a bit.

Bruce

Dave

Hi Bruce

The boiler part will be almost identical, just the tools are different.
If you can find a way to fit a very absorbant cloth like a terry
toweling nappy over the pad it should work. The steam softens the
muck, the towel absorbs it.

Dave

The boiler part will be almost identical, just the tools are

different.
If you can find a way to fit a very absorbant cloth like a terry
toweling nappy over the pad it should work. The steam softens the
muck, the towel absorbs it.

Dave

Thanks. The "tool" currently has solidified emulsion paint all over it.
One must be able to buy replacements, its only a bit of plastic.

Bruce

Thanks. The "tool" currently has solidified emulsion paint all over

it.
One must be able to buy replacements, its only a bit of plastic.

Is it an Earlex one? I've seen various attachments for those in B&Q
(don't know how standard the couplings are between brands, but they
wouldn't fit my current Bosch one)

David

Yes, its an Earlex. I seem to remember in the box it came in, there was
a leaflet listing available extension tools. But I threw it out. I'll
have a trawl on the web, see what I can find...

Bruce

Is it an Earlex one? I've seen various attachments for those in

B&Q
(don't know how standard the couplings are between brands, but they
wouldn't fit my current Bosch one)

David

Yes, its an Earlex. I seem to remember in the box it came in, there

was
a leaflet listing available extension tools. But I threw it out. I'll
have a trawl on the web, see what I can find...

Bruce

All the tools are listed on earlex.co.uk
i could probably just wrap a towel round the end, though, to the same
effect.
When I've finished wallpaper stripping, I might have a go at steam
cleaning that old carpet in the back bedroom.
Hey, the golden age of steam power is back!

Bruce

Keith

wrote in message
oups.com...
Just got one of those wallpaper steamers, £25 from B&Q. Invaluable for
removing wallpaper which has been painted over.

My question: Has anyone used one of these wallpaper steamers for
general purpose steam cleaning? I have some old tiles in the kitchen
and maybe a steam clean would brighten them up a bit.

Bruce

I've got the steam cleaning kit from Earlix & used it for a number of
chores, including cleaning grout and it does a reasonable job. It's pretty
good at clearing dirt that's not actually 'baked' on, and for the lip
between hobs & sinks and worktops.
and it's the absolute mutts nutts for defrosting freezers. Not a good idea
to steam leather settee cushions tho', it turns them grey & crinkly, a bit
like SWMBO's face when she saw it

Keith

I've got the steam cleaning kit from Earlix & used it for a number of
chores, including cleaning grout and it does a reasonable job.

How much is this?
I want to have a shot at steam cleaning an old carpet -- if the kit is
too expensive, I'll try wrapping an old tea towel on the end of the
wallpaper tool!

Bruce

dmc

In article .com,
wrote:
Just got one of those wallpaper steamers, =A325 from B&Q. Invaluable for
removing wallpaper which has been painted over.

I discovered yesterday that they although it is pretty sucessful are
removing the painted wallpaper in our bedroom it appears to do this by
removing the plaster :-(

Paper still firmly attached to the plaster that is now on the floor

Oh well, I need more plastering practise anyway...

Darren

dmc

In article ,
Rob Morley wrote:

Paper still firmly attached to the plaster that is now on the floor

If the plaster isn't blown already you're probably overheating it.

No - the plaster was well and truely knackered before I started tbh.

For the last 5 years I've been tapping the wall gently and muttering "ooooo
must sort this out sometime". Sometime appears to have caught up with me

Darren