Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Default Cheap decking at B&Q...not

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/catego...?CATID=7090061

Si

Peter Ashby

Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot wrote:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/catego...?CATID=7090061

Ouch! for the quantities the unit prices are way too steep. Time for a
trip to a timber merchant.

Peter

Mungo \two sheds\ Toadfoot

Peter Ashby wrote:
Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot wrote:

http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/catego...?CATID=7090061

Ouch! for the quantities the unit prices are way too steep. Time for a
trip to a timber merchant.

Indeed! £10 a plank!? I thought they'd priced it wrongly at first but the
probably haven't.

Si

Grunff

Mungo "two sheds" Toadfoot wrote:
http://www.diy.com/diy/jsp/bq/catego...?CATID=7090061

As much as I like B&Q (I really do - they are the best of the sheds by a
mile), they've always been crap for timber. The difference between the
sheds and timber merchants in quality and price is quite large.

--
Grunff

Cheap drills Simon Pleasants UK diy 11 June 22nd 04 12:17 AM
Composite decking: Trex or WeatherBest? Dave K. Home Repair 3 February 18th 04 03:12 AM
A new low in cheap tools? Mickey Feldman Metalworking 35 February 15th 04 03:37 AM
Cheap lathes any good? part 2 bob Woodturning 1 February 10th 04 11:08 PM
Cheap tools Maxprop Woodturning 0 February 8th 04 04:55 PM