Anthony James

Default Tchibo 'Watt meter'`

http://tinyurl.com/3vwh6 £8

I'm thinking of getting one of these to work out exactly how much
power my PC is using and to track a few other things. Obviously it
doenst make financial sense as i'm unlikely to save £12's worth of
power (once postage comes into the equation.

- is there another way of doing this. Something like a pc has a very
variable power consumption so averaging it over a week or more seems
the only sensible way to go.
- the one shown has continental plug/socket. Tchibo cant sell that in
the UK can they?
Malcolm Stewart

"Anthony James" wrote in message
om...
http://tinyurl.com/3vwh6 £8

I'm thinking of getting one of these to work out exactly how much
power my PC is using and to track a few other things. Obviously it
doenst make financial sense as i'm unlikely to save £12's worth of
power (once postage comes into the equation.

Got mine from Maplins a few weeks ago, for £12, and it has UK 13A style plug
& socket. Never thought that it might save me money! It has taught me
about the variable PF of my washing machine, though! So that can't be
bad....

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

BigWallop

"Anthony James" wrote in message
om...
http://tinyurl.com/3vwh6 £8

I'm thinking of getting one of these to work out exactly how much
power my PC is using and to track a few other things. Obviously it
doenst make financial sense as i'm unlikely to save £12's worth of
power (once postage comes into the equation.

- is there another way of doing this. Something like a pc has a very
variable power consumption so averaging it over a week or more seems
the only sensible way to go.
- the one shown has continental plug/socket. Tchibo cant sell that in
the UK can they?

Yes they can sell it here in the UK, but how much do you have to add for the
adaptors?

Buy one of these instead
http://www.tchibo.co.uk/is-bin/INTER...CrossSell=true
Much more useful, I'd think.

http://tinyurl.com/3vwh6 =A38

I'm thinking of getting one of these to work out exactly how much
power my PC is using and to track a few other things. Obviously it
doenst make financial sense as i'm unlikely to save =A312's worth of
power (once postage comes into the equation.

- is there another way of doing this. Something like a pc has a

very
variable power consumption so averaging it over a week or more

seems
the only sensible way to go.
- the one shown has continental plug/socket. Tchibo cant sell that

in
the UK can they?

Yes they can sell it here in the UK, but how much do you have to add

for the
adaptors?

Buy one of these instead

http://www.tchibo.co.uk/is-bin/INTER.../-/GBP/TdUkDi=
splayProductInformation-Start;sid=3D6AZMI2GYvvFMIyB1w1xGR2IMOYhLa8z58G8=3D ?=
BackTo=3DProduct&ProductSKU=3D0003869&CrossSell=3D true
Much more useful, I'd think.

Just how does that help in measuring power consumption?

MBQ

mrcheerful

"Anthony James" wrote in message
om...
http://tinyurl.com/3vwh6 £8

I'm thinking of getting one of these to work out exactly how much
power my PC is using and to track a few other things. Obviously it
doenst make financial sense as i'm unlikely to save £12's worth of
power (once postage comes into the equation.

- is there another way of doing this. Something like a pc has a very
variable power consumption so averaging it over a week or more seems
the only sensible way to go.
- the one shown has continental plug/socket. Tchibo cant sell that in
the UK can they?

Different make, but
these come up in lidl or aldi every so often at about 6 pounds, they are
also usually on ebay.
Good gadget to have.

mrcheerful

BigWallop

wrote in message
oups.com...

BigWallop wrote:
[...]

It doesn't, but its more useful than the power unit the OP (Anthony) was
going on about. :-)