Default Worcester Bosch 350 combi boiler

hello
Any ideas anyone? The central heating from our boiler stops for no
good reason. It can be on for 5 mins, 10 mins or an hour but then will
suddenly turns itself off. It is also erratic it terms of switching
between central heating and hot water. It has difficulty igniting when
shifting between one function and another. The boiler heats water like
a dream and when it is working we have no problems but we never know
when it will behave badly. British Gas have changed the expansion
chamber, the sensor, the room thermostat and various electronics
boards. Each engineer thinks he's solved it but they haven't. All ideas
grstefully received.

Christian McArdle

British Gas have changed the expansion chamber, the sensor, the
room thermostat and various electronics boards. Each engineer
thinks he's solved it but they haven't.

But at no point have they replaced the diverter valve?

Seems odd, as this behaviour screams diverter at me. I don't know the
boiler, though. Perhaps it doesn't have a conventional diverter.

Christian.

They may have changed the diverter valve but not told me. I will ask
the next engineer. Many thanks for the suggestion.

Many thanks. Will do so.

Tony Bryer

In article .com, wrote:
You could do worse than posting to
http://cgi.www.a1-gas.co.uk/cgi-bin/...cript=question
(or http://tinyurl.com/6df2u) - there's a wealth of knowledge
there and at least one Worcester engineer.

Has it never occurred to the owner of said site that having one 2.4MB
home page makes it hopeless for dial-up users (most of use are ADSL
of course), hard to find stuff and uses up his bandwith allocation
real fast?

Tony Bryer wrote:
In article .com,

wrote:
You could do worse than posting to

http://cgi.www.a1-gas.co.uk/cgi-bin/...cript=question
(or http://tinyurl.com/6df2u) - there's a wealth of knowledge
there and at least one Worcester engineer.

Has it never occurred to the owner of said site that having one 2.4MB
home page makes it hopeless for dial-up users (most of use are ADSL
of course), hard to find stuff and uses up his bandwith allocation
real fast?

I couldn't agree more... I have a suspicion that the owner doesn't even
know how popular it is. Indeed I have yet to see a post from anyone
actually *from* the 'company'.

Furthermore, by the looks of things they seem to be shooting themselves
in the foot by promoting such an envonement whereby potential customers
are fixing their boilers themselves on a daily basis given the advice
from the board!

Mathew

raden

In message , Christian
McArdle writes
British Gas have changed the expansion chamber, the sensor, the
room thermostat and various electronics boards. Each engineer
thinks he's solved it but they haven't.

But at no point have they replaced the diverter valve?

Seems odd, as this behaviour screams diverter at me. I don't know the
boiler, though. Perhaps it doesn't have a conventional diverter.

If the boards hadn't been changed, I would have suspected the relay on
the Zagas 126 (sequence) board which drives the fan - a common failure

Yes, it could also be e.g. a knacked microswitch in the diverter valve.
As to whether it's a conventional 3 port valve or not, I can't remember
offhand

--
geoff