john Smith

Default dishwasher problem (revisited)

A month ago I posted
"Dear board,

I own a Zanussi DCS14S Compact (Table top)dishwasher, and like all
appliances it has broken down after the warranty period!

My problem is it thinks there is water still in the machine and continues to
try an empty itself. I cannot start a new wash program

as it thinks it has still to compete the last one.

I have chucked a pint of water in it to try and see if this cures the
problem, but all it did was suck this out and then

want some more!!!!!!!!!

A quick look around the machine and everything appears OK

Please help

Thanks in advance "

Thanks for the guidance, especially from "BigWallop" who said

"Debris in the fill level pressure switch system. It means taking the
casing
off the machine and looking for a thin rubber hose connected to a little
plastic bottle shaped container fitted near the bottom of the inner tub
lining. The rubber hose and bottle will probably be filled with muck and
soap residue and needs cleaned out.

Pouring a kettle full of boiling water in the machine and leave it lying
with the door closed for a while may help to clean it out, but more likely
it needs physically cleaned in the sink before putting it all back together.
Don't touch the electrical switching end of the rubber hose, just remove the
hose and bottle assembly, and pour boiling water through them, or steep them
in a sink full of boiling water and blow through them to make sure they're
properly clean and clear."

Unfortunately the problem has come back again. I have once again checked and
can't see any blockages.

I have found away to temporarily clear the problem.. This is to tilt the
washer, I assume it is away from the pressure level system,

but I'm not to sure.

Sorry for the long post, but I'm desperate not to give Currys any more of my
money !!!!!!!

Once again

Thanks in advance

Brian Reay

"john Smith" wrote in message
A month ago I posted
"Dear board,

I own a Zanussi DCS14S Compact (Table top)dishwasher, and like all
appliances it has broken down after the warranty period!

My problem is it thinks there is water still in the machine and continues

try an empty itself. I cannot start a new wash program

as it thinks it has still to compete the last one.

I have chucked a pint of water in it to try and see if this cures the
problem, but all it did was suck this out and then

want some more!!!!!!!!!

A quick look around the machine and everything appears OK

Please help

Assuming it is similar to a 'full size' machine, I'd suspect the level
sensor is blocked. Look for a disc link object, high in the machine, with a
thin pipe to the drain system. The disc will also have some wires.

Chances are the blockage is in the thin pipe or where it joins the other
pipe work.

--
Brian Reay
www.g8osn.org.uk

BigWallop

"john Smith" wrote in message
A month ago I posted
"Dear board,

I own a Zanussi DCS14S Compact (Table top)dishwasher, and like all
appliances it has broken down after the warranty period!

snipped
Once again

Thanks in advance

Did the technique of the boiling water actually help the last time?

You have to remember that fat and things don't look black and murky, but can
actually look like see through plastic when it gets stuck inside the little
bottle and hose of these appliances. You really do have to remove the hose from
the pressure switch end and physically blow through it to make sure it is
totally clean and clear. The smallest bit of gunk stuck in the hose, or opening
to the little bottle, will stop the water level sensor from working properly.

It might be time to remove them, and make sure you steep them in boiling water
in the kitchen sink, to clear them out properly. You won't damage anything by
just pulling the little thin hose off the pressure switch. The pressure switch
looks like a small circular plastic can with wires connected to one side of it.
Just don't touch the wires.

Whirlpool Dishwasher keypad problem Sunil Home Ownership 2 December 28th 04 07:57 PM
Zanussi Dishwasher problem phil UK diy 0 May 23rd 04 12:52 PM
Indesit dg6145 dishwasher leaking - fixed but I wish I hadn't! donny UK diy 0 April 24th 04 10:04 PM
Dishwasher stopped working mid-cycle Kamal Home Repair 0 December 22nd 03 03:30 PM
Hotpoint Dishwasher Problem Jim Orchard UK diy 4 November 10th 03 10:12 PM