Jim Orchard

Default Hotpoint Dishwasher Problem

My daughter has a Hotpoint DC27 Dishwasher which is only 3 months old.
It now refuses to start, flashing the prewash light. We have checked
all the filters and hoses etc. and can find nothing wrong.

We have called the Hotpoint Service people but can't arrange a visit
until about 2 weeks time. Does anyone know what fault this flashing
light indicates? Maybe it is something simple we have overlooked?

Thanks
Jim Orchard

BigWallop

"Jim Orchard" wrote in message
My daughter has a Hotpoint DC27 Dishwasher which is only 3 months old.
It now refuses to start, flashing the prewash light. We have checked
all the filters and hoses etc. and can find nothing wrong.

We have called the Hotpoint Service people but can't arrange a visit
until about 2 weeks time. Does anyone know what fault this flashing
light indicates? Maybe it is something simple we have overlooked?

Thanks
Jim Orchard

And this fault is showing no matter which wash cycle the machine is set to ?
It sounds as though the pump is refusing to run when it should.

At three months old, take it back to the shop and get a new one. It is your
right.

Jim Orchard

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 20:11:36 GMT, "BigWallop"
wrote:

"Jim Orchard" wrote in message
.. .
My daughter has a Hotpoint DC27 Dishwasher which is only 3 months old.
It now refuses to start, flashing the prewash light. We have checked
all the filters and hoses etc. and can find nothing wrong.

We have called the Hotpoint Service people but can't arrange a visit
until about 2 weeks time. Does anyone know what fault this flashing
light indicates? Maybe it is something simple we have overlooked?

Thanks
Jim Orchard

And this fault is showing no matter which wash cycle the machine is set to ?
It sounds as though the pump is refusing to run when it should.

Yes, any programme/cycle.

At three months old, take it back to the shop and get a new one. It is your
right.

Three months + about 1 week actually. I'll tackle the shop tomorrow.

Thanks for that.

Jim

The Natural Philosopher

Jim Orchard wrote:

My daughter has a Hotpoint DC27 Dishwasher which is only 3 months old.
It now refuses to start, flashing the prewash light. We have checked
all the filters and hoses etc. and can find nothing wrong.

We have called the Hotpoint Service people but can't arrange a visit
until about 2 weeks time. Does anyone know what fault this flashing
light indicates? Maybe it is something simple we have overlooked?

Thanks
Jim Orchard

Two things in geenarl spring to mind. It isn't empty cos the drain is
blocked, or whatever makes it think the door is closed has fallen off...

BigWallop

wrote:

[...]

Just make sure the drain hose on the back is clear. You can do this by
blowing down it and listening for the water inside to bubble as you blow.

Boiler Problem Gradually Getting Worse Frank Davis UK diy 1 October 23rd 03 10:00 PM
Hotpoint Washer problem Christian McArdle UK diy 1 September 8th 03 12:34 PM
B0rked dishwasher Wooding UK diy 0 September 1st 03 08:14 AM
Dishwasher not spraying David Micklem UK diy 9 August 5th 03 06:39 PM
Electric trip problem. Dave Plowman UK diy 2 August 3rd 03 12:44 AM