Wainscotting

Default Hotpoint Washing Machine

Bit of a long shot I know but have a Hotpoint WF860 washer that is only 2
weeks old. The screen has started to display the word "Test" all the time
and I can't select any of the programs. It keeps cycling through a test
procedure and I can't stop it. Could one of my children accidently pressed a
combination of buttons that put it in this mode or is it likely to be a
fault? I shall give Hotpoint a call tomorrow but thought I would try here
for any Hotpoint engineers.

BigWallop

"Wainscotting" wrote in message
Bit of a long shot I know but have a Hotpoint WF860 washer that is only 2
weeks old. The screen has started to display the word "Test" all the time
and I can't select any of the programs. It keeps cycling through a test
procedure and I can't stop it. Could one of my children accidently pressed a
combination of buttons that put it in this mode or is it likely to be a
fault? I shall give Hotpoint a call tomorrow but thought I would try here
for any Hotpoint engineers.

Have you tried removing the power from the machine, completely, as in unplug it
totally, and leave it for about five minutes. When you switch it back on,
hopefully, the machine should have reset itself. If it hasn't, then you do need
to call a service engineer to have a look. It's only two weeks old after all.

The Natural Philosopher

Wainscotting wrote:

It's unplugged now and will stay that way overnight. The machine is actually
due to be replaced next Saturday as it had a cracked top when delivered and
the shop agreed to replace it rather than supply a new top. My main concern
is that the fault could be inherent in this model

There is an inherent fault with all modern Hotpoint appliances. They are
built by Hotpoint. Or whoever has taken them over this year.

The long drift of 'barnd erosin' from what were once reliable and
inexpensive machines to piles of utter crap, stocked only by Dicks sons,
is well on the way.
Peter

I'd suggest you replace it with something else, i've had 2 hotpoint
dishwashers in the last 8 weeks, both failed irrepairably after between 4
and 7 washes, despite tinkering from the enginneer on two occasions each.

I rejected the 2nd one and have now bought a Bosch.

A friend has since bought a hotpoint washer and the pump in that has just
failed but not before flooding his kitchen...

Tim..

The Hotpoint dishwasher was made by Bosch you have bought the same thing
with a different name on it !

The pump in the Hotpoint is not made by hotpoint the same make of pump is
used by nearly every washer brand inc Bosch ! remarkable whats in a name !

Peter

Tim \(Remove NOSPAM.

"Peter" wrote in message

I'd suggest you replace it with something else, i've had 2 hotpoint
dishwashers in the last 8 weeks, both failed irrepairably after between

4
and 7 washes, despite tinkering from the enginneer on two occasions

each.

I rejected the 2nd one and have now bought a Bosch.

A friend has since bought a hotpoint washer and the pump in that has

just
failed but not before flooding his kitchen...

Tim..

The Hotpoint dishwasher was made by Bosch you have bought the same thing
with a different name on it !

The pump in the Hotpoint is not made by hotpoint the same make of pump is
used by nearly every washer brand inc Bosch ! remarkable whats in a name !

I have it on good authority (the hotpoint enginneer of some 30yrs
experience, and also a friend of the family) that the hotpoint and indesit
machines are built by at the Indesit factory all inhouse.

Bosch *did* used to build them and badge them as Hotpoint, but no longer do
so.

Bosch use their own pumps whereas most of the others use an italian made
"ferfaboli" or somesuch.

Peter

"Mark" wrote in message
Peter typed:

I'd suggest you replace it with something else, i've had 2 hotpoint
dishwashers in the last 8 weeks, both failed irrepairably after
between 4 and 7 washes, despite tinkering from the enginneer on two
occasions each.

I rejected the 2nd one and have now bought a Bosch.

A friend has since bought a hotpoint washer and the pump in that has
just failed but not before flooding his kitchen...

Tim..

The Hotpoint dishwasher was made by Bosch you have bought the same
thing with a different name on it !

Er no its made by Merloni
http://www.indesitcompany.com/pages/...loni_today.jsp

I know Hotpoint is owned by Merloni but where does it say they made the OP's
dishwasher ????
I must have been dreaming repairing the dishwasher this morning with
Hotpoint on the front but made by bosch or indeed the Bosch TD made in the
UK by Crosslee a White Knight, Bosch me arse, the motor cost £170 you can
buy a new White Knight for £100 !! Another one was a control knob on a Bosch
washer timer £75+vat ! you haave to buy the whole facia !

Peter