Rod Hewitt

Default Don't you love Focus?

Wanted - grommets for back boxes.

Found - a single remaining bag on the shelf at Focus.

But - bag had previously been opened and is missing two grommets - only 8
not 10.

So - asked for discount at till.

Was offered - 10%

Pointed out - that 20% of the contents were missing.

Told - they can only offer 10% due to head office.

Walked out.

Rang - head office and was told they could offer what they wanted.

Greedy incompetent gits. I didn't even ask for a discount beyond the number
missing. OK, I know this is a tiny annoyance but it is the attitude
problem. WTF should I pay *more* per grommet because they have only have an
opened pack?

Now off chest.

--
Rod

www.annalaurie.co.uk
Derek *

On 8 Jan 2005 21:27:37 GMT, Rod Hewitt wrote:

Wanted - grommets for back boxes.

Found - a single remaining bag on the shelf at Focus.

But - bag had previously been opened and is missing two grommets - only 8
not 10.

So - asked for discount at till.

Was offered - 10%

Pointed out - that 20% of the contents were missing.

Told - they can only offer 10% due to head office.

Walked out.

Rang - head office and was told they could offer what they wanted.

Greedy incompetent gits. I didn't even ask for a discount beyond the number
missing. OK, I know this is a tiny annoyance but it is the attitude
problem. WTF should I pay *more* per grommet because they have only have an
opened pack?

If I ruled the world I would have offered the short package at 50% off
or FOC if bought alongside the other bits you need to do the job.

But I don't.

DG
tony sayer

In article , Derek *
writes

[...]

Course wouldn't you be singing their praises if they'd said "have them
with our compliments sir!".

That would have been many times worth the cost to them of the price of
the bag in repeat sales, and the goodwill you'd trumpet about them!.

These big chain's have no bl**dy idea on customer service and how to
treat them;(...
--
Tony Sayer

Paper2002AD

Subject: Don't you love Focus?

Wanted - grommets for back boxes.

Found - a single remaining bag on the shelf at Focus.

But - bag had previously been opened and is missing two grommets - only 8
not 10.

So - asked for discount at till.

Was offered - 10%

Pointed out - that 20% of the contents were missing.

Told - they can only offer 10% due to head office.

Walked out.

Rang - head office and was told they could offer what they wanted.

Greedy incompetent gits. I didn't even ask for a discount beyond the number
missing. OK, I know this is a tiny annoyance but it is the attitude
problem. WTF should I pay *more* per grommet because they have only have an
opened pack?

Now off chest.

--
Rod

You actually found the item you wanted, albeit not up to scratch? I'd have
killed for that!
"Home is the place where, if you have to go there, they have to let you in"
john

"Paper2002AD" wrote in message

Wanted - grommets for back boxes.

Found - a single remaining bag on the shelf at Focus.

But - bag had previously been opened and is missing two grommets - only 8
not 10.

So - asked for discount at till.

Was offered - 10%

Pointed out - that 20% of the contents were missing.

Told - they can only offer 10% due to head office.

Walked out.

Rang - head office and was told they could offer what they wanted.

Greedy incompetent gits. I didn't even ask for a discount beyond the

number
missing. OK, I know this is a tiny annoyance but it is the attitude
problem. WTF should I pay *more* per grommet because they have only have

an
opened pack?

Now off chest.

Put the boot on the other foot. Certain customers, who wouldn't be reading
this group of course, may take out a couple of items from the new pack
while strolling to the checkout, then claim the discount and still have a
full set. So Focus need to be sticky to avoid getting ripped off.

S Viemeister

tony sayer wrote:

Course wouldn't you be singing their praises if they'd said "have them
with our compliments sir!".

That would have been many times worth the cost to them of the price of
the bag in repeat sales, and the goodwill you'd trumpet about them!.

These big chain's have no bl**dy idea on customer service and how to
treat them;(...

I now make a point of not buying anything from them - the last time I tried
to buy something, the staff seemed to think I was invisible, but quickly
attended to every _male_ customer who walked in. I went elsewhere, and
spent several hundred pounds, at a shop that didn't assume females can't
tell hammers from screwdrivers. I do a _lot_ of diy, and learned to use
tools as a child.

Sheila

tony sayer

In article , S Viemeister
writes
tony sayer wrote:

Course wouldn't you be singing their praises if they'd said "have them
with our compliments sir!".

That would have been many times worth the cost to them of the price of
the bag in repeat sales, and the goodwill you'd trumpet about them!.

These big chain's have no bl**dy idea on customer service and how to
treat them;(...

I now make a point of not buying anything from them - the last time I tried
to buy something, the staff seemed to think I was invisible, but quickly
attended to every _male_ customer who walked in. I went elsewhere, and
spent several hundred pounds, at a shop that didn't assume females can't
tell hammers from screwdrivers. I do a _lot_ of diy, and learned to use
tools as a child.

Sheila

In fact when we were looking for a car for the missus we had in mind an
Audi A4 but the attitude of the jumped up t**ts in the Audi dealer
****ed her, and for that matter me, right off. They only wanted to talk
to me despite telling them repeatedly that "she" was the customer, and
it was "her" money that was being spent.

Net result was option Two, a Volvo, where despite the salesman's young
age he certainly was more aware on how to treat a lady, hence the
ensuing sale
--
Tony Sayer

Peter Ashby

tony sayer wrote:

In article , S Viemeister
writes
tony sayer wrote:

[...]

When we bought the last car for swmbo we clearly and repeatedly told the
sales youth that the car was hers. Went to pick it up and the ownership
papers are in my name. Changing them would make the car have one more
owner. We were not best pleased but what can you do? Won't be going back
there in a hurry though.

Peter
John Borman

DVLA do actually allow you to change the name of the registered keeper
without affecting number of owners as long as your still lliving at the same
address...
"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
uk...
tony sayer wrote:

In article , S Viemeister
writes
tony sayer wrote:

[...]

Peter Ashby

John Borman wrote:
"Peter Ashby" wrote in message
uk...
tony sayer wrote:

In article , S Viemeister
writes
tony sayer wrote:

[...]

I hate him even more now, I might look into that. Thanks.

Peter
tony sayer

Put the boot on the other foot. Certain customers, who wouldn't be reading
this group of course, may take out a couple of items from the new pack
while strolling to the checkout, then claim the discount and still have a
full set. So Focus need to be sticky to avoid getting ripped off.

Yes whilst thats true, it very much seems that no one is empowered to
make decisions, it seeming that they have engendered a very "jobsworth"
attitude by their management, and we know just how bad that can be in
the UK......
--
Tony Sayer

Alex \(YMG\)

John Borman wrote:
DVLA do actually allow you to change the name of the registered keeper
without affecting number of owners as long as your still lliving at the
same
address...

I hate him even more now, I might look into that. Thanks.

Peter
--

Why not do it as a surprise for your wife, and make something good out of
something bad?

Alex

tim

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , Derek *
writes

That would have been many times worth the cost to them of the price of
the bag in repeat sales, and the goodwill you'd trumpet about them!.

These big chain's have no bl**dy idea on customer service and how to
treat them;(...

I think they do. What they can't do is instill that attitude into
the sort of spotty faced youth who's educationally qualified to
do a minimum wage job.

If the people working on the counter in such places were
any good, they'd be doing a better paid job somewhere else.

tim

Rory

Peter Ashby wrote:

When we bought the last car for swmbo we clearly and repeatedly told the
sales youth that the car was hers. Went to pick it up and the ownership
papers are in my name. Changing them would make the car have one more
owner. We were not best pleased but what can you do? Won't be going back
there in a hurry though.

Peter

You could have made the dealer cancel the registration (they can do that
now). Would have delayed you getting the car but it would have been a
lot of (well deserved) hassle for the dealer.

Rory

Huge wrote:

A salesperson in Pilling Volvo in Hemel Hempstead was once so rude to
us that we not only walked out, never to return, but I wrote to Volvo
UK to complain. Not that it did any good, but it made me feel better.

Don't you believe it - the dealer would almost certainly have had a huge
bollocking.

Mary Fisher

"tony sayer" wrote in message

... So Focus need to be sticky to avoid getting ripped off.

Yes whilst thats true, it very much seems that no one is empowered to
make decisions, it seeming that they have engendered a very "jobsworth"
attitude by their management, and we know just how bad that can be in
the UK......

Yes. I hadn't been to Focus until yesterday and they were OK but today we
went to a caravan dealer and bought one small item. The chap (neither spotty
nor young) put it in a bag. Spouse told him not to bother, we didn't want a
bag. We were told that it was a sign of proof of purchase. 'Don't we get a
receipt?' I asked. 'Oh yes,' said jobsworth, 'but if my management sees you
walking past with something not in a bag I'll be in trouble. Rules must be
obeyed'.

I wish I'd had the gumption to say that it's against our rules not to accept
unnecessary packaging. Instead I took the item out of the bag and held it up
while I walked passed 'management'.

Of course no-one said anything.

I dropped the bag in the car park.

I KNOW I shouldn't have done it and it didn't help but if we ever go there
again (doubtful*) I'll have a speech prepared.

Mary
* another thing we asked for was an isolator (he had to be told it was a gas
tap) for an 8mm pipe. He went in the back and said he could get one, it
would take about a week. No offer to post it, we were expected to drive 20
miles and back for it.

Andy Hall

On Sun, 9 Jan 2005 11:55:24 +0000, tony sayer
wrote:

Put the boot on the other foot. Certain customers, who wouldn't be reading
this group of course, may take out a couple of items from the new pack
while strolling to the checkout, then claim the discount and still have a
full set. So Focus need to be sticky to avoid getting ripped off.

Yes whilst thats true, it very much seems that no one is empowered to
make decisions, it seeming that they have engendered a very "jobsworth"
attitude by their management, and we know just how bad that can be in
the UK......

The one nearest to me seems to also be populated by surly teenagers,
especially at weekends.

Their typical attitude is to scan everything and then ask for the
money without saying please. I have noticed that in this place it's
common - doesn't seem to happen at all often anywhere else that I go
at least.
I'm not expecting shop assistants to bow and scrape, but it is a
common courtesy to say "please" when asking for something, even if
good customer service etiquette would suggest it anyway.
When it has happened, I have simply waited. About half the time, the
"please" is forthcoming immediately. With others, the request from
the assistant is repeated and again I wait, and generally the light
goes on. A couple of times I have had to mention that it is normal
to say "please", but the response has been grudging.

On the last visit, I had bought an assortment of decorating items
including some paintbrush cleaner in a large plastic container.
All the items were returned to the trolley for wheeling to the car
where I was going to transfer them into a box in the back.
I hadn't noticed that the cap of the brush cleaner was loose. It
tipped over as I wheeled the trolley through the vestibule, the cap
came off and about half of the contents came out before I could grab
it and right it.

I had to have quite a "discussion" with the customer service desk
before they very reluctantly agreed to replace the product. They
made no effort to offer me something to wipe my hands and no effort to
clean up the mess, which in effect was a chemical spill in a public
environment.

I avoid going there if I have time to go elsewhere.

--

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Owain

"Mary Fisher" wrote
| * another thing we asked for was an isolator (he had to be told it
| was a gas tap) for an 8mm pipe. He went in the back and said he
| could get one, it would take about a week. No offer to post it, we
| were expected to drive 20 miles and back for it.

The shop probably has no mechanism for buying stamps. Everything down to the
toilet rolls will be supplied by Head Office, and there are probably
pre-addressed pre-paid envelopes for things that have to be sent to Head
Office. Blessed be the name of Head Office.

Owain

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics)

In article , John Borman
wrote:

DVLA do actually allow you to change the name of the registered keeper
without affecting number of owners

See if this helps: http://www.allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post

Mary Fisher

"Owain" wrote in message
"Mary Fisher" wrote
| * another thing we asked for was an isolator (he had to be told it
| was a gas tap) for an 8mm pipe. He went in the back and said he
| could get one, it would take about a week. No offer to post it, we
| were expected to drive 20 miles and back for it.

The shop probably has no mechanism for buying stamps. Everything down to
the
toilet rolls will be supplied by Head Office, and there are probably
pre-addressed pre-paid envelopes for things that have to be sent to Head
Office. Blessed be the name of Head Office.

genuflects

I hadn't thought about that, thanks, Owain. Mea culpa.

So I looked in Towsure.

They don't do gas fittings except those directly to do with cylinders.

We'll try Dickinsons ... they've always been helpful.

Mary

Owain