Andrew Phillips

Default Silicone/ Acrylic Sealant

The sealant around my shower tray has gone all mouldy and probably consists
mainly of silicone and some acrylic sealant (previous owner).

Short of stripping the entire thing down and scraping it with say an old
fashioned razor blade, can anyone suggest a way of getting rid if the stuff.
Is there something that I can put on to dissolve it ?

Any tips would be appreciated

TIA
Andy

Brad

Yes.. there is a silicone remover that "melts" the silicone should be
available in most DIY stores next to the sealants. It may not be any easier
than using a sharp knife though as it's probably a bit messy.

Brad

Silicone sealant Graeme UK diy 4 June 11th 04 01:56 PM
Silicone sealant Graeme UK diy 26 May 22nd 04 01:15 AM
Silicone Sealant Alex Bird UK diy 15 March 16th 04 01:10 PM
Black sanitary silicone sealant? Mathew J. Newton UK diy 13 February 19th 04 07:20 PM
coloured silicone sealant Pete Cross UK diy 7 November 19th 03 02:13 PM