DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Silicone/ Acrylic Sealant (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/85254-silicone-acrylic-sealant.html)

Andrew Phillips January 8th 05 11:28 AM

Silicone/ Acrylic Sealant

The sealant around my shower tray has gone all mouldy and probably consists
mainly of silicone and some acrylic sealant (previous owner).

Short of stripping the entire thing down and scraping it with say an old
fashioned razor blade, can anyone suggest a way of getting rid if the stuff.
Is there something that I can put on to dissolve it ?

Any tips would be appreciated

TIA
Andy

Brad January 11th 05 08:51 AM

Yes.. there is a silicone remover that "melts" the silicone should be
available in most DIY stores next to the sealants. It may not be any easier
than using a sharp knife though as it's probably a bit messy.

Brad