Paper2002AD

Default Viewing message threads

How can I get this bl**dy board to group threads when viewing in AOL?
"Home is the place where, if you have to go there, they have to let you in"
Dave Stanton

On Sun, 02 Jan 2005 22:51:24 +0000, Paper2002AD wrote:

How can I get this bl**dy board to group threads when viewing in AOL?
"Home is the place where, if you have to go there, they have to let you
in"

Its a Usenet group, not a board and AOL appear to be having problems, not
surprising !!.
Try using a different news provider like news.individual.net and maybe do
some reading on how Usenet works.

Dave

Dave Baker

Paper2002AD wrote:
How can I get this bl**dy board to group threads when viewing in AOL?
"Home is the place where, if you have to go there, they have to let

you in"

AOL's newsgroup feed isn't working properly at the moment. It's been
down for about 6 days now. It happens every now and then but is usually
fixed within a day. I guess the delay is because it's happened over the
holidays. You can inform them at keyword 'Tell Us'. If enough people do
so maybe they'll fix it quicker.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Paper2002AD wrote:
How can I get this bl**dy board to group threads when viewing in AOL?

How do you get a Lada to do 150 mph?

Ditch it and get something that works...

--
*Don't worry; it only seems kinky the first time.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Lobster

Paper2002AD wrote:
How can I get this bl**dy board to group threads when viewing in AOL?
"Home is the place where, if you have to go there, they have to let you in"

Think you should rephrase the question to:

"How can I get this board to group threads when viewing in bl**dy AOL?"

(and sorry, I don't know; I normally only say "AOL" in the same sentence
as words like "bargepole". QED!

David
Lurch

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:38:49 GMT, Lobster
strung together this:

Think you should rephrase the question to:

"How can I get this board to group threads when viewing in bl**dy AOL?"

What, this board? Or do you mean group?
--

SJW
Dave Stanton

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 14:18:10 +0000, Lurch wrote:

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 11:38:49 GMT, Lobster
strung together this:

Think you should rephrase the question to:

"How can I get this board to group threads when viewing in bl**dy AOL?"

What, this board? Or do you mean group?

He's using AOL lurch, be gentle !!

Dave

Andy Burns

Huge wrote:

You forgot one;

(5) Get Google to stop breaking the References: header which newsreaders use
to correctly display threads.

I don't think we can blame Google for this one, only Dave Baker (sorry
to name and shame) has used Deja to reply to this thread and even then
the (singular) reference looks intact to me.

Kat

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 10:06:44 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
Paper2002AD wrote:
How can I get this bl**dy board to group threads when viewing in AOL?

How do you get a Lada to do 150 mph?

Attach a Space Hhuttle booster to it, light blue touch paper and
retire. Look on eBay for engine mounting brackets.

Lurch

On Mon, 03 Jan 2005 14:42:06 +0000, Andy Burns
strung together this:

Huge wrote:

You forgot one;

(5) Get Google to stop breaking the References: header which newsreaders use
to correctly display threads.

I don't think we can blame Google for this one, only Dave Baker (sorry
to name and shame) has used Deja to reply to this thread and even then
the (singular) reference looks intact to me.

For some reason Google seems to leave one reference in, but it screws
it up if there are several.
--

SJW
Lobster

Dave Baker wrote:
Paper2002AD wrote:

How can I get this bl**dy board to group threads when viewing in AOL?
"Home is the place where, if you have to go there, they have to let

you in"

AOL's newsgroup feed isn't working properly at the moment. It's been
down for about 6 days now. It happens every now and then but is usually
fixed within a day. I guess the delay is because it's happened over the
holidays. You can inform them at keyword 'Tell Us'. If enough people do
so maybe they'll fix it quicker.

Mm. Maybe the regulars here should all try the same tack by emailing
, to try and get them to fix their their crappy
message headers and threading?!

David
Alan

In message , Lobster
wrote

Mm. Maybe the regulars here should all try the same tack by emailing
, to try and get them to fix their their crappy
message headers and threading?!

Why bother? Just filter out anything that originates from Google.

--
Alan

Andy Burns

Lurch wrote:

For some reason Google seems to leave one reference in, but it screws
it up if there are several.

I though so, but in this case the google message was a direct reply to
the head of the thread so that was all it should have had anyway ...
Michael Mcneil

"Dave Stanton" wrote in message
news
Its a Usenet group, not a board and AOL appear to be having problems, not
surprising !!.

Aol is a quick fix incorporating all that is worst in tch boards. You
get a tiny window (an AOL special) and it takes forever to post (not
even Google does that any more.)

You message is wiped as soon as you post and you can neither see where
you are going nor where you have been. Also it looks as naff as hell.

I use Mailgate Org but they are not looking for new members. Google
posts I make show up on it fine but it loses some of the others and
people like Huge show up but the message wont open.

You have to get help with setting up another newsgroup server. I have
never been able to suss it out.

Dave Stanton

You have to get help with setting up another newsgroup server. I have
never been able to suss it out.

Why are you telling me ?. I don't use Assholes on Line.

Dave

Sloper

Paper2002AD wrote:
How can I get this bl**dy board to group threads when viewing in AOL?
"Home is the place where, if you have to go there, they have to let you in"

Register an account with 'news.individual.net' then use Outlook Express,
or any other newsreader.
Lurch

On Tue, 04 Jan 2005 00:02:08 +0000, Sloper
strung together this:

Register an account with 'news.individual.net'

Definitely.

then use Outlook Express,

May as well stick with AOL as that's as bad.

or any other newsreader.

Yep, Forte Free Agent works well, and is free!
--

SJW
Sloper

Lurch wrote:

then use Outlook Express,

May as well stick with AOL as that's as bad.

or any other newsreader.

Yep, Forte Free Agent works well, and is free!

As is Outlook Express, and I'd hazard a guess that the OP already has
it. I used OE for years without a problem - it works fine, and is
nothing like the AOL newsreader at all.

I use Mozilla's news and mail reader now though - part of my anti-spam
measures.
Lurch

On Wed, 05 Jan 2005 16:07:45 +0000, Sloper
strung together this:

Yep, Forte Free Agent works well, and is free!

As is Outlook Express,

Hmm, depends how you would define 'works well'.

I use Mozilla's news and mail reader now though -

Much better, I've been using it for a while for email.
--

SJW
raden

In message , Paper2002AD
writes
How can I get this bl**dy board to group threads when viewing in AOL?
"Home is the place where, if you have to go there, they have to let you in"

Change ISP ?

--
geoff