Junior Member

Unhappy More problems with the CH

Many thanks to all who replied when I was last having probs - this problem is linked. Previously you all said I had an airlock in the system (Potterton Combi 80 running 5 rads) which I managed to solve following your advice.

However now whenever the heating turns off overnight etc in the morning the same 2 radiators that where cold before still don't heat up.

These 2 rads are on the ground floor with pipework coming down from upstairs where 1 other rad is on the same loop. I can shut all the rads to force the water through but i'm getting fed up of doing it every day...

What am I doing wrong???

Georgie
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Georgiegirl wrote:
These 2 rads are on the ground floor with pipework coming down from
upstairs where 1 other rad is on the same loop. I can shut all the
rads to force the water through but i'm getting fed up of doing it
every day...

What am I doing wrong???

You need to follow the FAQ on radiator balancing *thoroughly* Which
probably means repeating the procedure several times.

--
*There are 3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgiegirl
Many thanks to all who replied when I was last having probs - this problem is linked. Previously you all said I had an airlock in the system (Potterton Combi 80 running 5 rads) which I managed to solve following your advice.

However now whenever the heating turns off overnight etc in the morning the same 2 radiators that where cold before still don't heat up.

These 2 rads are on the ground floor with pipework coming down from upstairs where 1 other rad is on the same loop. I can shut all the rads to force the water through but i'm getting fed up of doing it every day...

What am I doing wrong???

Georgie
could there be some sludge? I didn't read the previous thread. Put some sentinel x400 in the system and run it for four weeks, drain it and refill.