brett

Default Gateway EV700 problems

Hi,

I found a Gateway EV700 monitor (the Mag version) in the trash the other day
and I'm having some problems with it. I used it for about 20 minutes and it
suddenly just shut off.. the power light stays on but no picture. I turned
it off and back on and the power light will come on - but other than that,
no picture unless I let it sit for a few hours, and then I can get about 10
minutes out of it until it turns off again. It also makes a lot of staticy
crackling noises when it first powers on, kind of like some monitors do when
you turn them off. I heard somewhere that replacing the FBT will solve
problems like this, but I'd like to get another opinion before I start
buying things.

Brett

guppy

"brett" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I found a Gateway EV700 monitor (the Mag version) in the trash the other day
and I'm having some problems with it. I used it for about 20 minutes and it
suddenly just shut off.. the power light stays on but no picture. I turned
it off and back on and the power light will come on - but other than that,
no picture unless I let it sit for a few hours, and then I can get about 10
minutes out of it until it turns off again. It also makes a lot of staticy
crackling noises when it first powers on, kind of like some monitors do when
you turn them off. I heard somewhere that replacing the FBT will solve
problems like this, but I'd like to get another opinion before I start
buying things.

Brett

I have an EV700 that seems to have a very similar problem. Only mine
will come on right away, and stay on for only about 10 seconds at a
time before turning itself off. From there, I can press the power
button, and this cycle repeats itself until I get sick of it. It's
like it's going into Energy Save mode or something, but I can't find a
setting to adjust the period for it to wait before going to sleep.
Were you ever able to find a solution to this problem?

--guppy
glasnostJDC

Quote:

"What is the chassis number? Or FCC ID nunber? On a Gateway EV700 with the
LG
CA-65 Chassis it would turn on for 20 minutes then turn itself off, and then
keep doing it after 5 to 10 minutes (I may be wrong with the times but it
was awhile ago I did this monitor). I traced it to a 15 volt line in the
SMPS that was going from 0 to 10 volts. I resoulded pin 16 off of the main
transformer and that fixed the issue (check the transistors too, sometimes
they go bad), I'd go for all the souder joints as well in the SMPS. Make
sure to discharge the filter caps. Hope some of this helps you out. I'm not
sure if this information would carrie into the EV900 LG Chassis, but it may
be some helpful information."

I posted this for a guy with a EV900, I'll post it in the thread, I think it
may help (sorry for it being so late).

-JDC