guppy

Default Gateway EV700 problems

"brett" wrote in message ...
Hi,

I found a Gateway EV700 monitor (the Mag version) in the trash the other day
and I'm having some problems with it. I used it for about 20 minutes and it
suddenly just shut off.. the power light stays on but no picture. I turned
it off and back on and the power light will come on - but other than that,
no picture unless I let it sit for a few hours, and then I can get about 10
minutes out of it until it turns off again. It also makes a lot of staticy
crackling noises when it first powers on, kind of like some monitors do when
you turn them off. I heard somewhere that replacing the FBT will solve
problems like this, but I'd like to get another opinion before I start
buying things.

Brett

I have an EV700 that seems to have a very similar problem. Only mine
will come on right away, and stay on for only about 10 seconds at a
time before turning itself off. From there, I can press the power
button, and this cycle repeats itself until I get sick of it. It's
like it's going into Energy Save mode or something, but I can't find a
setting to adjust the period for it to wait before going to sleep.
Were you ever able to find a solution to this problem?

--guppy