Gerd Busker

In article , N. Thornton wrote:
Sounds like a standard round pin install. Pics of the accessories
would help date it.

BTW such a system is normally still good for 12v use, so you could if
you want keep the sockets and fuseboard, but supply the fuseboard from

snip

Ha, the house as an extension of the car, rather than the other way round

Are the lightswitches decorative? If so there are ways to retain them
and make it all safe if you want.

Actually, it looks like most of the switches and sockets have been replaced
at some point in time. As has part of the kitchen cabling.

It's all going. The fusing configuration is unsafe, the cabling is almost
all gone and the new CU goes up this weekend. Some demolishing is going to
have to happen to the old metal box that the CU sits in to fit the new one.

Interesting dilema: How do you drill holes into concrete behind the CU when
you've no power?

G.

--
http://busker.org | http://www.clustervision.com

chris French

In message , Gerd Busker
writes
Interesting dilema: How do you drill holes into concrete behind the CU when
you've no power?

Hire a nice big F-O cordless SDS drill - they do hefty 24V jobbies that
I see pro's using a fair bit.
--
Chris French, Leeds
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Gerd Busker wrote:
Interesting dilema: How do you drill holes into concrete behind the CU
when you've no power?

After pulling the main fuses and removing the tails which were to be
replaced anyway, I simply wired a temporary RCD socket direct. So I stole
a few pennies worth of electricity. I would have done this after the
meter, but that had to come off as well.

--
*It ain't the size, it's... er... no, it IS ..the size.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave Stanton

Interesting dilema: How do you drill holes into concrete behind the CU
when you've no power?

G.

I borrow my nieces husbands, Bosch 24V SDS drill, he's a plumber. Best
thing she ever did was bring a damm good plumber into the family.

Dave