Jerry.

Default Potterton Surima LED fault codes

I seem to have a LED 'fault code' showing that is not one of the usual ones,
the boiler is a Suprima 30 and the following happens

The boiler stops, gas valve shuts off, pump stops, both LED's go out,
although as all this happens the green LED flashes at about 10Hz three
times.

Reset button has no effect - the only way to recover is to isolate at the
main electrical feed (DP switch), switch off both HW and CH on the timer,
return the boiler stat to the 0ff / Stand By state.

On restoring the power supply one of two things happen, either the green LED
will flash at about 10Hz three times and thus we are back to isolating the
electrical supply again or the boiler will behave normally until the next
time this fault happens.

Anyone have any ideas ?....
--
Jerry.
Location - United Kingdom.

geoff

In message , Jerry.
writes
I seem to have a LED 'fault code' showing that is not one of the usual ones,
the boiler is a Suprima 30 and the following happens

The boiler stops, gas valve shuts off, pump stops, both LED's go out,
although as all this happens the green LED flashes at about 10Hz three
times.

Reset button has no effect - the only way to recover is to isolate at the
main electrical feed (DP switch), switch off both HW and CH on the timer,
return the boiler stat to the 0ff / Stand By state.

On restoring the power supply one of two things happen, either the green LED
will flash at about 10Hz three times and thus we are back to isolating the
electrical supply again or the boiler will behave normally until the next
time this fault happens.

Sorry, I don't know offhand, it's definitely not a common fault. Is it
sparking when the green LED flashes at 10 Hz?

All I can offer is if you send it to me at www.cetltd.com I'll put it on
a test set and have a look
--
geoff
Jerry.

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Jerry.
writes

snip
On restoring the power supply one of two things happen, either the green

LED
will flash at about 10Hz three times and thus we are back to isolating

the
electrical supply again or the boiler will behave normally until the next
time this fault happens.

Sorry, I don't know offhand, it's definitely not a common fault. Is it
sparking when the green LED flashes at 10 Hz?

No, the boiler is dead apart from the flashing green LED.

This fault could not be due to a faulty gas valve thermo coupler, as was
mentioned to me by the people that fitted a new PCB to the boiler about two
months ago ?

All I can offer is if you send it to me at www.cetltd.com I'll put it on
a test set and have a look

I'll bear that in mind if I have no joy elsewhere (job / PCB warranty and
all that).

Thanks for the help so far.
--
Jerry.
Location - United Kingdom.
In the first instance please reply to group,
The quoted email address is a trash can for Spam only.

Ed Sirett

On Sat, 24 Apr 2004 11:27:55 +0100, Jerry. wrote:

"geoff" wrote in message
In message , Jerry.
writes

snip
On restoring the power supply one of two things happen, either the green

LED
will flash at about 10Hz three times and thus we are back to isolating

the
electrical supply again or the boiler will behave normally until the next
time this fault happens.

Sorry, I don't know offhand, it's definitely not a common fault. Is it
sparking when the green LED flashes at 10 Hz?

No, the boiler is dead apart from the flashing green LED.

This fault could not be due to a faulty gas valve thermo coupler, as was
mentioned to me by the people that fitted a new PCB to the boiler about two
months ago ?

The boiler is electronic ignition!
What does the manual say....
If you have not got one Potterton will send you one.
If you want to you can download it from Potterton.

Unfortunately flashing at 16Hz is listed but as meaning 'ignition in
progress'. Three flashes on their own is not listed.

It is possible that the flashing lights have a specific meaning eg. APS
circuit closed (but ought to be open).

My guess is it's the PCB.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk

TV fault - green hue Paul Simon UK diy 22 March 3rd 04 01:24 PM
Potterton Envoy 40 - Fault codes Dougie Smith UK diy 3 March 1st 04 10:38 AM
Potterton overheat steve_m UK diy 5 February 17th 04 04:28 PM
Indesit washing machine fault Chris Allmark UK diy 7 February 17th 04 09:13 AM
fault codes for indesit washing machine Jackie Carupie UK diy 1 September 9th 03 09:42 PM