Dougie Smith

Default Potterton Envoy 40 - Fault codes

Hello all,

I have a Potterton (probably now Baxi/Potterton) Envoy 40 condenser boiler
which is acting up. It seems to switch between apparently working ok (albeit
briefly) then flicking between code 8 and code 0 before cutting back in for
a few minutes before starting the cycle again. For the life of me, I can't
find any worthwhile information elsewhere on this boiler.

Can anyone please spare my sanity and give me a step for a hint on what
fault code 8 is?

Much obliged:

Dougie Smith

geoff

In message , Dougie Smith
writes
Hello all,

I have a Potterton (probably now Baxi/Potterton) Envoy 40 condenser boiler
which is acting up. It seems to switch between apparently working ok (albeit
briefly) then flicking between code 8 and code 0 before cutting back in for
a few minutes before starting the cycle again. For the life of me, I can't
find any worthwhile information elsewhere on this boiler.

Can anyone please spare my sanity and give me a step for a hint on what
fault code 8 is?

Are the faults not listed in the installation manual?
--
geoff
Toby

geoff wrote:
Dougie Smith writes
I have a Potterton (probably now Baxi/Potterton) Envoy 40 condenser
Can anyone please spare my sanity and give me a step for a hint on
what fault code 8 is?

Yes it is "Dry fire sensor Sensor failed open or closed circuit Replace
sensor"
The fault finding chart suggests "heat exchanger sensor fault: Check that
both connectors are secure and in good contact with the sensor"
The replacement thermistor is Potterton number: 404513, GC number 378868
available online for £10 http://www.mjtcontrols.co.uk/

I can't find any worthwhile information elsewhere on this boiler.

Are the faults not listed in the installation manual?

Hmm, there is an obvious conclusion there about the whereabouts of the
original.

Helpfully http://www.partsarena.com/baxi/ has the documentation available to
view
You do need to agree to the viewer installation dialog.

--
Toby.

Tony Bryer

In article , Dougie
Smith wrote:
Can anyone please spare my sanity and give me a step for a hint
on what fault code 8 is?

To add to what Toby says it is a dry fire sensor alert. If you remove
the inner cover the dry fire sensor is facing you about half way
down, just left of centre. It is meant to be bedded in heat sink
paste. On my Envoy I would get this fault code showing up
intermittently. Pushing it back may cure the fault.

If you (or anyone else reading) in interested in an Envoy 30 for
spares please contact me. It was working when decommissioned a few
weeks ago so the (seriously expensive) fan and CPU board are fine. I
also have unused flue gaiter and igniter. £30 to cover the cost of
latter requested, you collect from Twickenham (SW London)

TV fault - green hue Paul Simon UK diy 22 March 3rd 04 01:24 PM
Potterton overheat steve_m UK diy 5 February 17th 04 04:28 PM
Indesit washing machine fault Chris Allmark UK diy 7 February 17th 04 09:13 AM
finding an electrical fault Niel A. Farrow UK diy 20 November 12th 03 10:55 PM
fault codes for indesit washing machine Jackie Carupie UK diy 1 September 9th 03 09:42 PM