Steve Harvey

Default What tool do I need to open a Dyson DC05??

I have a DC05 vacuum cleaner with a few minor promlems which I am sure could
easily be fixed if I could open it up. The problem is that the fasteners
(presumably screw heads) are recessed so deeply in the plastic mouldings
that I cannot reach them with any tools to find out whether I have the right
one.
Has anyone on this ng ever successfully serviced a DC05 to know what
tool is needed so I could buy one.

Thanks in advance

Steve Harvey

steveharvey at dsl dot pipex dot com

Set Square

Steve Harvey wrote:

I have a DC05 vacuum cleaner

You've tried a 7lb hammer? g
--
Cheers,
Set Square

raden

In message , Steve
Harvey writes
I have a DC05 vacuum cleaner with a few minor promlems which I am sure could
easily be fixed if I could open it up. The problem is that the fasteners
(presumably screw heads) are recessed so deeply in the plastic mouldings
that I cannot reach them with any tools to find out whether I have the right
one.
Has anyone on this ng ever successfully serviced a DC05 to know what
tool is needed so I could buy one.

Angle grinders usually work

--
geoff

Lurch

On Sat, 11 Dec 2004 15:25:27 -0000, "Steve Harvey"
strung together this:

I have a DC05 vacuum cleaner with a few minor promlems which I am sure could
easily be fixed if I could open it up. The problem is that the fasteners
(presumably screw heads) are recessed so deeply in the plastic mouldings
that I cannot reach them with any tools to find out whether I have the right
one.
Has anyone on this ng ever successfully serviced a DC05 to know what
tool is needed so I could buy one.

Without even looking at the answers I'll bet there's at least one that
says something about a hammer and chisel.
The correct tool would be a T5 torx.
--

SJW
Andy Dingley

wrote:

I have a DC05 vacuum cleaner with a few minor promlems which I am sure could
easily be fixed if I could open it up.

You need a Torx driver and _not_ just a screwdriver with a hex bit
set.