andrewpreece

Default What Random Orbital Sander

Folks,
Thinking of buying my brother one of the above for his birthday. I
understand
they're a decent improvement on flat orbital sanders, the advantage being
that they'll take material off a lot quicker ( I've never used one ).
Since he already owns a flat bed orbital sander, can I ask (1) Is the
random orbital
worth getting or are they just a minor incremental improvement, worth
getting but only when the present flatbed orbital expires, and (2), I'm not
made of money, I was looking at the Bosch PEX 220 KIT for £39.99. Is this a
decent make, or has anyone any other suggestions?

cheers,

Andy.

andrewpreece

"Mark S." wrote in message
On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 21:44:04 +0000, Grunff wrote:

andrewpreece wrote:

can I ask (1) Is the random orbital
worth getting or are they just a minor incremental improvement

Huge, massive, order-of-magnitude improvement.

worth
getting but only when the present flatbed orbital expires

If you do *any* sanding, buy one now.

made of money, I was looking at the Bosch PEX 220 KIT for £39.99. Is

this a
decent make, or has anyone any other suggestions?

I have the PEX 400, which was ~£50. It's very good value. I wouldn't
really want much less power (the 220 is about half the power). Go for
the 400. Great tool.

Seconded on the 400, hoping Santa is bringing me a new on as the old
one overheated and died. :-( (over use by me not it's fault.) ;-)

Mark S.

Thanks guys, that makes my mind up, I'll get him one,

cheers,

Andy.