Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Oshiponga

Default Storage heaters

I've had storage heaters in my house since I moved in and not had a
massive problem with electricity bills. Recently though, I've had a
frightening bill from British Gas who say that in a month my night
rate electricity has used just over 1000 units (I gave a meter reading
about a month ago and compared it with todays). Even the BG bloke
seemed surprised.

What they have asked me to do is monitor the reading at the same time
every day for 7 days and then call them back with the information.
They will then do some sums and work out if the meter needs checking.

My big question is this: Is is feasable that the meter can go tits-up
as this is what they seem to be suggesting? Its a new electronic dual
rate one..

Incidentally if someone could point out the typical consumption of an
18 brick Dimplex storage heater, I can also do some sums. I'm
assuming they are around 1.5 - 2.5 kWh?

storage heaters DavidD UK diy 1 December 17th 03 11:41 AM
Storage heaters Bob Minchin UK diy 5 November 24th 03 11:01 AM
Removing storage heaters!! The Question Asker UK diy 3 November 13th 03 11:01 AM
Removing storage heaters NC UK diy 10 August 13th 03 10:52 PM
Where to buy night storage heaters (Economy 7) Ian Watkins UK diy 4 July 27th 03 10:26 AM