nightjar

Default HD foam for laptop case?

"T i m" wrote in message
On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 16:44:42 +0100, "nightjar"

My current home-build computer project stands 2m tall and weighs in at

over
a quarter of a tonne - 80kgs of that in the 6kVA battery backup system
alone.

Oh-my-gawd! Thet do d-i-y Cray kits now do they? ;-)

It is a 19" rack server case (156 kgs of it) fitted out for a four-person
office network, including a dual Xeon server, networked storage and a spare
computer dedicated to running the peripherals. All the users are within 10
metres, so I use really long KVM cables to connect them to the machines. I
also have USB 2 extentions running into the office, as we use memory sticks
for transporting data. Although I use ultra-quiet fans where I can, taking
the fans out of the office makes quite a lot of difference to the background
noise levels.

Colin Bignell

Dave S

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 08:41:48 +0100, "nightjar"
wrote:

This is a d-i-y group. You should have found a really strong case and built
yourself a new computer inside that.

Something like this?

http://www.coolcasegallery.net/ccg/v....php?cid=00959

Dave