Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Rob

Default Condensing boilers rule?

Whilst having a gas stove fitted the other day, I was talking to the boss
fitter about central heating and he said the rule about all new boilers
having to be condensing after next April has been postponed for several
years. He claimed to have been to a Corgi meeting where it was explained
that it had been dropped because condensing boilers are still very unpopular
due to doubts about reliability. He wasn't trying to sell me anything, but
he did say he found the Baxi Potterton combi (non-condensing) with hot water
reservoir was very reliable.
Does he know what he's talking about (on both counts)?

Incidentally, after his men had made a neat job of fitting the Yeoman gas
stove and left, I read in the instruction booklet that a spillage test
should have been done, as well as a burner pressure test with all other
appliances turned on, and the result recorded in the booklet along with the
signature of the installation engineer. Well, nothing has been recorded, and
they didn't ask me about other appliances, so I assume the tests weren't
done. Is this just fussing by the manufacturer, or should I follow it up?
In the way of most tradesman I've dealt with in this area I would expect
them to just bung it in, light it up and say the job's a good 'un, though as
installers for the biggest gas fire showroom in the area they presumably
know what they're doing.

Best Condensing boilers Boovee UK diy 50 February 1st 05 02:49 PM
Condensing boilers and pluming James UK diy 32 March 17th 04 10:02 PM
Condensing Boilers - Suitable models Mika UK diy 3 February 5th 04 07:48 AM
condensing boilers cost lot more than condensing force-air furnaces? R. Kalia Home Repair 12 January 14th 04 12:55 PM