Charlie

Default Addtional Cooker Chimney Needed

The chimney for the cooker hood in my kitchen is located to the side
of the external air vent (rather than directly below it)

The previous owner has simply left some flexible ducting trailing from
the external air vent to top of the chimney (and then down to the
cooker hood where it connects). This, as you can imagine, is rather
unsightly.

The solution I propose is to run some extra chimney horizontally, from
the top of the existing chimney, to the air vent.

Moving the air vent above the cooker is, unfortunately, not an option

Does anybody know where I can buy some extra chimney, or got any
suggestions as to how I can make one. I'm guessing a sheet of
stainless steel could be used but I wouldn't know where to buy one
from or the best way to work with it.

For information I have a CDA Matrix Stainless Steel hood and chimney:
http://tinyurl.com/4edbc

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
BigWallop

"Charlie" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Some 4'' (110mm) diameter grey waste pipe should do the job for you.

Lobster

"Charlie" wrote in message
om...
[...]

Do you have wall cupboards on either side of the cooker hood or is it
completely free-standing? Just that when I recently fitted a hood, I had
wall units on both sides of the cooker, and ended up boxing in the space
between the top of the units and the ceiling - carrying the boxing across
the gap between the units and above the hood. The supplied s/steel chimney
therefore went straight up into the boxing (within which ducting connected
it to a vent on the outside wall). I'm wondering whether that's a way
forward for you, or food for thought?

If you do need to start fabricating... my own chimney is nothing more than a
flat sheet of s/steel bent into a straight U-shape - dead easy to replicate
if you cut a sheet to size and bend it by clamping between two straight
lengths of wood aligned with the desired bending line. You can get the
stuff from a sheet metal supplier from Yellow Pages (from their scrap bin
probably), or if you're more comfortable with the likes of B&Q, their Depots
carry it too.

David

Charlie

"Lobster" wrote in message ...
"Charlie" wrote in message
om...
[...]

David,

Thanks for your advice, it seems like a sensible solution.
I'll give it a go.

Charlie

about the cooker socket Jason UK diy 11 October 27th 04 10:33 PM
Electrics - Replace full electric cooker with a duel fuel cooker Chi UK diy 11 December 16th 03 02:44 PM
Attic insulation question Alexander Galkin Home Repair 5 November 10th 03 05:21 AM
cooker extractor in chimney Christian McArdle UK diy 1 September 3rd 03 12:31 PM
Cooker Socket over Cooker? Neil UK diy 8 July 20th 03 10:28 PM