Ken Speirs

Default Central Heating Install

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows any good sites for installing a Central
heating system.

I am half way through it and just want to check it is ok.

anything would be a great help.

Ken

Set Square

Ken Speirs wrote:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows any good sites for installing a
Central heating system.

How about in your house? [It would be wasted in the garden] g
--
Cheers,
Set Square

IMM

"Ken Speirs" wrote in message
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows any good sites for installing a Central
heating system.

I am half way through it and just want to check it is ok.

anything would be a great help.

What reservations do you have? Tell us and we will help.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
IMM wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows any good sites for installing a Central
heating system.

I am half way through it and just want to check it is ok.

anything would be a great help.

What reservations do you have? Tell us and we will help.

He's going to just *love* being told he should have used two combis...

--
*Despite the cost of living, have you noticed how it remains so popular?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
chris French

In message , Ken Speirs
writes
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows any good sites for installing a Central
heating system.

Not really no.

I am half way through it and just want to check it is ok.

What are you concerned about
--
Chris French, Leeds

Andy Hall

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:50:15 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
IMM wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows any good sites for installing a Central
heating system.

I am half way through it and just want to check it is ok.

anything would be a great help.

What reservations do you have? Tell us and we will help.

He's going to just *love* being told he should have used two combis...

Well it is the solution to *any* heating requirement, you know.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
IMM

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:50:15 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
IMM wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows any good sites for installing a

Central
heating system.

I am half way through it and just want to check it is ok.

anything would be a great help.

What reservations do you have? Tell us and we will help.

He's going to just *love* being told he should have used two combis...

Well it is the solution to *any* heating requirement, you know.

Learning at last.

Andy Hall

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 20:46:30 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:50:15 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
IMM wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows any good sites for installing a

Central
heating system.

I am half way through it and just want to check it is ok.

anything would be a great help.

What reservations do you have? Tell us and we will help.

He's going to just *love* being told he should have used two combis...

Well it is the solution to *any* heating requirement, you know.

Learning at last.

What's going to be product of the month for November?
Are you going to tell us now or do we have to wait?

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Owain

"IMM" wrote
| "Andy Hall" wrote
| He's going to just *love* being told he should have
| used two combis...
| Well it is the solution to *any* heating requirement,
| you know.
| Learning at last.

I am very disappointed; I was confidently expecting as we moved into
November that Combined Heat and Power was going to be the flavour of next
month.

Perhaps two combi CHP boilers is the answer, one upstairs one downstairs,
then when you are running a bath upstairs the bedroom lights come on
automatically.

Owain

John

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:50:15 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
IMM wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows any good sites for installing a

Central
heating system.

I am half way through it and just want to check it is ok.

anything would be a great help.

What reservations do you have? Tell us and we will help.

He's going to just *love* being told he should have used two combis...

Well it is the solution to *any* heating requirement, you know.

I'd just love to see two combis heat a 200 bedroom hotel!

Andy Hall

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 21:37:35 +0000 (UTC), "John"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 18:50:15 +0100, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
IMM wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows any good sites for installing a

Central
heating system.

I am half way through it and just want to check it is ok.

anything would be a great help.

What reservations do you have? Tell us and we will help.

He's going to just *love* being told he should have used two combis...

Well it is the solution to *any* heating requirement, you know.

I'd just love to see two combis heat a 200 bedroom hotel!

It depends how big they are. Of course if the entire place is filled
with insulation and sealed then no problem anyway. A win-win
situation.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:
I'd just love to see two combis heat a 200 bedroom hotel!

It depends how big they are. Of course if the entire place is filled
with insulation and sealed then no problem anyway. A win-win
situation.

You could also do it with 10 people per bedroom. All tango dancing.

--
*Acupuncture is a jab well done.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
IMM

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:

I'd just love to see two combis heat a 200 bedroom hotel!

The Japanese are really into instant water heating.The largest instant water
heaters are commercial jobs with two of them probably doing a 200 room
hotel.

It depends how big they are. Of course if the entire place is filled
with insulation and sealed then no problem anyway. A win-win
situation.

Positive thinking. Very encouraging.

You could also do it with 10 people per bedroom. All tango dancing.

Positive thinking again.......at last.

IMM

"Owain" wrote in message
"IMM" wrote
| "Andy Hall" wrote
| He's going to just *love* being told he should have
| used two combis...
| Well it is the solution to *any* heating requirement,
| you know.
| Learning at last.

I am very disappointed; I was confidently expecting as we moved into
November that Combined Heat and Power was going to be the flavour of next
month.

Perhaps two combi CHP boilers is the answer, one upstairs one downstairs,
then when you are running a bath upstairs the bedroom lights come on
automatically.

This has been suggested for backup. One natural gas and one LPG. Keep
reading and learning. It is good for you.

Andy Hall

Andy Hall wrote:

I'd just love to see two combis heat a 200 bedroom hotel!

The Japanese are really into instant water heating.The largest instant water
heaters are commercial jobs with two of them probably doing a 200 room
hotel.

It depends how big they are. Of course if the entire place is filled
with insulation and sealed then no problem anyway. A win-win
situation.

Positive thinking. Very encouraging.

You could also do it with 10 people per bedroom. All tango dancing.

Positive thinking again.......at last.

I suppose that you would think the district heating systems of the
former eastern bloc would be good as well.

Some clueless designs with pipes of nearly 2m diameter with about 50mm
of insulation. I saw some being replaced recently.

Visions of district heating stations with banks of wall mounted
combis.......

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Geo

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 12:05:43 GMT, "Ken Speirs" wrote:

I am half way through it and just want to check it is ok.

I think you have left it too late ...

Geo
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
IMM wrote:
I'd just love to see two combis heat a 200 bedroom hotel!

The Japanese are really into instant water heating.The largest instant
water heaters are commercial jobs with two of them probably doing a 200
room hotel.

Two 'instant' water heaters feeding 200 rooms. Turn on the tap in the
furthest one, go to breakfast and come back to warm water.

Perhaps among the other things you desperately need to learn about is the
meaning of 'instant'.

--
*Where there's a will, I want to be in it.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
IMM

Andy Hall wrote:

I'd just love to see two combis heat a 200 bedroom hotel!

The Japanese are really into instant water heating.The largest instant

water
heaters are commercial jobs with two of them probably doing a 200 room
hotel.

It depends how big they are. Of course if the entire place is filled
with insulation and sealed then no problem anyway. A win-win
situation.

Positive thinking. Very encouraging.

You could also do it with 10 people per bedroom. All tango dancing.

Positive thinking again.......at last.

I suppose that you would think the district heating systems of the
former eastern bloc would be good as well.

No.

Some clueless designs with pipes
of nearly 2m diameter with about 50mm
of insulation. I saw some being replaced recently.

With thicker insulation I assume.

Visions of district heating stations with banks of wall mounted
combis.......

I did visit a block of flats once in the 1970s that had a bank of Ascot
multi-points, A sequence controller brought each unit in depending on
demand. Very effective.

IMM

IMM wrote:
I'd just love to see two combis heat a 200 bedroom hotel!

The Japanese are really into instant water heating.The largest instant
water heaters are commercial jobs with two of them probably doing a 200
room hotel.

Two 'instant' water heaters feeding 200 rooms. Turn on the tap in the
furthest one, go to breakfast and come back to warm water.

No. They have re-circ of DHW draw-offs.

Perhaps among the other things
you desperately need to learn about is the
meaning of 'instant'.

Perhaps among the other things you desperately need to learn about is not to
comment on fields you know sweet FA about.

Here is this Plowman giving you advise on CH..read on...

This what he wears, yes he does...he said...
"Well, I got a rather flash pair of DeWalt boots from TLC, so there.;-)"

Sad isn't it. Big yellow boots. Yes. big yellow boots.

He also attempts to give advise and criticise views on heating, yet he said
about his gas boier.......

"Mine managed over 10 years without being touched before it needed a clean.
'Sooting up' once it starts, happens very quickly."

He didn't have his gas boiler serviced for over 10 years, and knows all the
answers in this field - he thinks. Only on the Internet you see this.
These people are dangerous man, very dangerous.

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
IMM wrote:
Two 'instant' water heaters feeding 200 rooms. Turn on the tap in the
furthest one, go to breakfast and come back to warm water.

No. They have re-circ of DHW draw-offs.

Then they're not an 'instant' heater. Which as you may not have noticed
starts and stops on water usage. If you're circulating hot water all the
time so it is instantly available, this is a form of storage system.

Perhaps among the other things
you desperately need to learn about is the
meaning of 'instant'.

Perhaps among the other things you desperately need to learn about is
not to comment on fields you know sweet FA about.

But I've just explained it for you? Was it too difficult for you to
understand? Or perhaps like Humpty Dumpty you expect words to mean what
you want them to?

Here is this Plowman giving you advise on CH..read on...

This what he wears, yes he does...he said... "Well, I got a rather flash
pair of DeWalt boots from TLC, so there.;-)"

Sad isn't it. Big yellow boots. Yes. big yellow boots.

Dear me, your needle has stuck - again. Can't you try and think up a few
new insults?

FWIW, for one who so avidly reads and quotes catalogues, haven't you ever
noticed the colour of DeWalt protective foot wear?
Or perhaps this indicates your lack of interest in such things - sitting
in your office all day dreaming?

He also attempts to give advise and criticise views on heating, yet he
said about his gas boier.......

"Mine managed over 10 years without being touched before it needed a
clean. 'Sooting up' once it starts, happens very quickly."

He didn't have his gas boiler serviced for over 10 years, and knows all
the answers in this field - he thinks.

I'd heard how people like you use a hacksaw for everything so decided to
save about 1000 quid in 'routine servicing'. Of course I'd never stint on
safety checks. But they don't make the same profit as ripping things apart
for no reason, do they?

--
*I feel like I'm diagonally parked in a parallel universe.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

IMM

IMM wrote:
Two 'instant' water heaters feeding 200 rooms. Turn on the tap in the
furthest one, go to breakfast and come back to warm water.

No. They have re-circ of DHW draw-offs.

Then they're not an 'instant' heater.
Which as you may not have noticed
starts and stops on water usage.

I have told you before, don't comment on a field you know sweet FA about.

snip drivel

Andy Hall

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004 16:51:12 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .

I suppose that you would think the district heating systems of the
former eastern bloc would be good as well.

No.

Some clueless designs with pipes
of nearly 2m diameter with about 50mm
of insulation. I saw some being replaced recently.

With thicker insulation I assume.

Nope...... more of the same. There must be a huge waste.

Most of Honecker's one in East Berlin ran over the streets above
ground with little or no insulation at all. I'm told that the water
was cold when it got to its intended destination.

Visions of district heating stations with banks of wall mounted
combis.......

I did visit a block of flats once in the 1970s that had a bank of Ascot
multi-points, A sequence controller brought each unit in depending on
demand. Very effective.

Sequencing on sets of boilers is common commercial design from what
I've read, but multipoints?

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
IMM wrote:
Two 'instant' water heaters feeding 200 rooms. Turn on the tap in the
furthest one, go to breakfast and come back to warm water.

No. They have re-circ of DHW draw-offs.

Then they're not an 'instant' heater.
Which as you may not have noticed
starts and stops on water usage.

I have told you before, don't comment on a field you know sweet FA about.

Why? You've been doing it for years...

Noted you've not tried to justify your mistake, though.

--
*A closed mouth gathers no feet.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
raden

In message , IMM writes

IMM wrote:
Two 'instant' water heaters feeding 200 rooms. Turn on the tap in the
furthest one, go to breakfast and come back to warm water.

No. They have re-circ of DHW draw-offs.

Then they're not an 'instant' heater.
Which as you may not have noticed
starts and stops on water usage.

I have told you before, don't comment on a field you know sweet FA about.

It's never stopped you ...

"Play it again Adam"

--
geoff
IMM

In message , IMM writes

IMM wrote:
Two 'instant' water heaters feeding 200 rooms. Turn on the tap in

the
furthest one, go to breakfast and come back to warm water.

No. They have re-circ of DHW draw-offs.

Then they're not an 'instant' heater.
Which as you may not have noticed
starts and stops on water usage.

I have told you before, don't comment on a field you know sweet FA about.

It's never stopped you ...

Stopped me from doing what?

"Play it again Adam"

You have been at the sherry again. It is "Play it Sam".

IMM

IMM wrote:
Two 'instant' water heaters feeding 200 rooms. Turn on the tap in

the
furthest one, go to breakfast and come back to warm water.

No. They have re-circ of DHW draw-offs.

Then they're not an 'instant' heater.
Which as you may not have noticed
starts and stops on water usage.

I have told you before, don't comment on a field you know sweet FA

about.

I repeat:

"I have told you before, don't comment on a field you know sweet FA about"

Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
IMM wrote:
I have told you before, don't comment on a field you know sweet FA

about.

I repeat:

"I have told you before, don't comment on a field you know sweet FA
about"

Yes. One thing is certain, you will repeat the same rubbish time and time
again.

Since you don't want those not 'qualified' to comment on things, perhaps
you'd give your *verifiable* qualifications?

No? No surprise there then.

Pratt.

--
*All men are idiots, and I married their King.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

raden

In message , IMM writes
I have told you before, don't comment on a field you know sweet FA about.

It's never stopped you ...

Stopped me from doing what?

"Play it again Adam"

You have been at the sherry again. It is "Play it Sam".

Not according to you in a different post

how's your hacksaw ?

--
geoff
IMM

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM writes
I have told you before, don't comment on a field you know sweet FA

about.

It's never stopped you ...

Stopped me from doing what?

"Play it again Adam"

You have been at the sherry again. It is "Play it Sam".

Not according to you in a different post

how's your hacksaw ?

Perfect. Always does a perfect pro job.

raden

In message , IMM writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM writes
I have told you before, don't comment on a field you know sweet FA

about.

It's never stopped you ...

Stopped me from doing what?

"Play it again Adam"

You have been at the sherry again. It is "Play it Sam".

Not according to you in a different post

how's your hacksaw ?

Perfect. Always does a perfect pro job.

I heard you have just converted to Judaism

--
geoff
IMM

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM

writes
I have told you before, don't comment on a field you know sweet FA

about.

It's never stopped you ...

Stopped me from doing what?

"Play it again Adam"

You have been at the sherry again. It is "Play it Sam".

Not according to you in a different post

how's your hacksaw ?

Perfect. Always does a perfect pro job.

I heard you have just converted to Judaism

What are you on about already?

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
raden writes:
In message , IMM writes

"raden" wrote in message
In message , IMM writes
I have told you before, don't comment on a field you know sweet FA

about.

It's never stopped you ...

Stopped me from doing what?

"Play it again Adam"

You have been at the sherry again. It is "Play it Sam".

Not according to you in a different post

how's your hacksaw ?

Perfect. Always does a perfect pro job.

I heard you have just converted to Judaism

If you really must DIY, a pipe cutter probably does a better job
than a hacksaw...

--
Andrew Gabriel
Set Square

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

how's your hacksaw ?

Perfect. Always does a perfect pro job.

I heard you have just converted to Judaism

If you really must DIY, a pipe cutter probably does a better job
than a hacksaw...

How about a cutting disc on a Dremel?
--
Cheers,
Set Square

Andy Hall

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004 14:51:33 +0100, "Set Square"

Andrew Gabriel wrote:

how's your hacksaw ?

Perfect. Always does a perfect pro job.

I heard you have just converted to Judaism

If you really must DIY, a pipe cutter probably does a better job
than a hacksaw...

How about a cutting disc on a Dremel?

Followed by the wire brush.....