Paul Howls

Default No Central Heating Worcester Bosch 280

Hi,

We're getting hot water but no central heating on our Worcester Bosch
280.

When put on Heating & Hot Water and the timer set to have the heating
on - the fans run but the boiler only fires occasionally (possibly
just heating the water in the internal tank). There is no sound of
water going through the system and the pipes are cold.

The water pressure is at about 1 bar - which is just below the red
marker.

Has anyone got any ideas what's wrong? or knows how to increase the
pressure incase that's the reason?

Thanks.

Paul
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Paul Howls wrote:
We're getting hot water but no central heating on our Worcester Bosch
280.

When put on Heating & Hot Water and the timer set to have the heating
on - the fans run but the boiler only fires occasionally (possibly
just heating the water in the internal tank). There is no sound of
water going through the system and the pipes are cold.

Sounds like the pump's not running.

--
*The e-mail of the species is more deadly than the mail *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Ed Sirett

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 12:20:32 +0100, Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Paul Howls wrote:
We're getting hot water but no central heating on our Worcester Bosch
280.

When put on Heating & Hot Water and the timer set to have the heating
on - the fans run but the boiler only fires occasionally (possibly
just heating the water in the internal tank). There is no sound of
water going through the system and the pipes are cold.

Sounds like the pump's not running.

Or diverter valve is stuck in HW mode.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk