Richard Faulkner

Default What is 10mm Kingspan? (was padding for low joists)

G&M very kindly mentioned Kingspan 10mm as good padding for me. However,
I cant identify exactly what it is from their web site, and wonder what
its' full description is?

Unless, of course, I just go into a builders merchant, ask for it, and
they know exactly what I mean g

--
Richard Faulkner
Christian McArdle

Unless, of course, I just go into a builders merchant, ask for it, and
they know exactly what I mean g

My guess is that they would.

Christian.

Dave Liquorice

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:52:05 +0100, Richard Faulkner wrote:

G&M very kindly mentioned Kingspan 10mm as good padding for me.
However, I cant identify exactly what it is from their web site, and
wonder what its' full description is?

Do they do 10mm thats very thin? I think there is a 18mm version for
fitting in window reveals where 50mm would be a bit much. Hopefully
that might give enough info to track it down, don't forget Celotex,
same stuff different maker.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

Andy Hall

wrote:

G&M very kindly mentioned Kingspan 10mm as good padding for me. However,
I cant identify exactly what it is from their web site, and wonder what
its' full description is?

Unless, of course, I just go into a builders merchant, ask for it, and
they know exactly what I mean g

They should do, although I am not sure that 10mm is a commonly stocked
thickness

I am not sure that it would be that good as a padding though, because
it is a fairly rigid foam and deforms without returning to its
original shape.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Richard Faulkner

In message om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:52:05 +0100, Richard Faulkner wrote:

G&M very kindly mentioned Kingspan 10mm as good padding for me.
However, I cant identify exactly what it is from their web site, and
wonder what its' full description is?

Do they do 10mm thats very thin? I think there is a 18mm version for
fitting in window reveals where 50mm would be a bit much. Hopefully
that might give enough info to track it down, don't forget Celotex,
same stuff different maker.

I think I get the picture - I think I have a piece left over from
insulation between external walls and plastering.

It's a hard foamy centre, about 2 inches thick, with a silver coating on
the outside.

Not sure I would want to bang my head on it, but obviously better than a
wooden joist.

Thanks to all for the help.

--
Richard Faulkner

G&M

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:52:05 +0100, Richard Faulkner wrote:

G&M very kindly mentioned Kingspan 10mm as good padding for me.
However, I cant identify exactly what it is from their web site, and
wonder what its' full description is?

Do they do 10mm thats very thin? I think there is a 18mm version for
fitting in window reveals where 50mm would be a bit much. Hopefully
that might give enough info to track it down, don't forget Celotex,
same stuff different maker.

Actually looking at the label it is Celotex I'm using. Tend to treat them
interchangeably.

G&M

"Richard Faulkner" wrote in message
In message om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:52:05 +0100, Richard Faulkner wrote:

G&M very kindly mentioned Kingspan 10mm as good padding for me.
However, I cant identify exactly what it is from their web site, and
wonder what its' full description is?

Do they do 10mm thats very thin? I think there is a 18mm version for
fitting in window reveals where 50mm would be a bit much. Hopefully
that might give enough info to track it down, don't forget Celotex,
same stuff different maker.

I think I get the picture - I think I have a piece left over from
insulation between external walls and plastering.

It's a hard foamy centre, about 2 inches thick, with a silver coating on
the outside.

Not sure I would want to bang my head on it, but obviously better than a
wooden joist.

The 10cm stuff seems a lot more pliable as it's so thin.

fred

In article , Richard Faulkner
writes
In message om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:52:05 +0100, Richard Faulkner wrote:

G&M very kindly mentioned Kingspan 10mm as good padding for me.
However, I cant identify exactly what it is from their web site, and
wonder what its' full description is?

Do they do 10mm thats very thin? I think there is a 18mm version for
fitting in window reveals where 50mm would be a bit much. Hopefully
that might give enough info to track it down, don't forget Celotex,
same stuff different maker.

I think I get the picture - I think I have a piece left over from
insulation between external walls and plastering.

It's a hard foamy centre, about 2 inches thick, with a silver coating on
the outside.

Not sure I would want to bang my head on it, but obviously better than a
wooden joist.

I did wonder when I first saw it suggested. You might want to consider
Plastazote instead, it's a high density flexible foam that is used a lot in
heavy duty packing for shock absorbtion. Available in black & white I think
& would work a bit better IMHO.
--
fred
Richard Faulkner

In message , fred writes
[...]

Looks good, and sold by Arco, who have a depot at Trafford park near me.

Many Thanks

--
Richard Faulkner

Padding for low joists Richard Faulkner UK diy 8 October 15th 04 06:58 PM
CH - alpha pumps FrancisJK UK diy 45 September 23rd 04 08:06 PM
A loft hatch, joist cutting challenge for you... pecanfan UK diy 3 August 19th 04 06:54 PM
How much to install 3 joists? MS Home Repair 13 March 26th 04 04:41 PM
Uneven floor joists....installing new floor covering...2 problems. Dave Bonnell Home Repair 5 October 29th 03 02:58 PM