Richard Faulkner

In message , fred writes
In article , Richard Faulkner
writes
In message om, Dave
Liquorice writes
On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:52:05 +0100, Richard Faulkner wrote:

G&M very kindly mentioned Kingspan 10mm as good padding for me.
However, I cant identify exactly what it is from their web site, and
wonder what its' full description is?

Do they do 10mm thats very thin? I think there is a 18mm version for
fitting in window reveals where 50mm would be a bit much. Hopefully
that might give enough info to track it down, don't forget Celotex,
same stuff different maker.

I think I get the picture - I think I have a piece left over from
insulation between external walls and plastering.

It's a hard foamy centre, about 2 inches thick, with a silver coating on
the outside.

Not sure I would want to bang my head on it, but obviously better than a
wooden joist.

I did wonder when I first saw it suggested. You might want to consider
Plastazote instead, it's a high density flexible foam that is used a lot in
heavy duty packing for shock absorbtion. Available in black & white I think
& would work a bit better IMHO.

Looks good, and sold by Arco, who have a depot at Trafford park near me.

Many Thanks

--
Richard Faulkner