Mo Thanku

Default Replace Old Toilet

Hello All

I need some help please.

I need to replace the old toilet with new one (Please see Photos) and
I have a few issues

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mohali/images/loo/1.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mohali/images/loo/2.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mohali/images/loo/3.jpg

1. What is this big round thing it seems to be connecting the soil
pipe to the white plastic connector.

2. The other problem is that the new pan outlet is a bit lower the old
one. How can I resolve this problem

3. When I am pushing in the new pan into the connector how do I secure
the join.

In summary how do I go about getting this job done.

Many thanks for your help and very sorry about the photos .

Best regards
MA
Ken

You have a 'P' trap WC which has a horizontal outlet and a vertical soil
pipe in the floor. What you need is a 90-degree WC pan connector (£2.49
from Screwfix).

The 'plug' end of pan connector pushes into the top of the soil pipe in the
floor and the short pipe on the back of the WC pan pushes into the 'socket'
end of the connector. Both have rubber/plastic seals and so nothing needs
to be done to seal the join.

If, as looks possible from your pix, the plastic pipe is rendered into to
soil pipe, you may not be able to remove it without risking breaking the
soil pipe socket. In this case, you may be able to get away with an 'offset
connector' (also £2.49, same source) but this will mean that the new pan is
slightly further forward than the old one.

"Mo Thanku" wrote in message
m...
Hello All

I need some help please.

I need to replace the old toilet with new one (Please see Photos) and
I have a few issues

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mohali/images/loo/1.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mohali/images/loo/2.jpg

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/mohali/images/loo/3.jpg

1. What is this big round thing it seems to be connecting the soil
pipe to the white plastic connector.

2. The other problem is that the new pan outlet is a bit lower the old
one. How can I resolve this problem

3. When I am pushing in the new pan into the connector how do I secure
the join.

In summary how do I go about getting this job done.

Many thanks for your help and very sorry about the photos .

Best regards
MA

Lee

Mo Thanku wrote:

1. What is this big round thing it seems to be connecting the soil
pipe to the white plastic connector.

Looks like a cast iron soil pipe, the most straightforward (read easy)
way to deal with it is to get a cast iron to plastic adapter and a
"question mark" shaped pan connector. Both bits available from Wickes,
surprisingly

It's usual in this case to cut the cast iron collar off - since the
adapter grips the inside of the pipe itself, not the collar.
It will work perfectly well if you leave the collar alone, but there
will be an ugly gap between the collar and the plastic adapter.
Since there was a very good reason I couldn't remove the collar on our
soil pipe, I just filled the gap with with Plumbers Mait.

Lee
--
Email address is valid, but is unlikely to be read.
Mo Thanku

Many thanks to you guys the job is now done!!!
I got 45 Degree Connector Offset and got away with it.
I have made a small crack in the Cement collar but I thing it is not going to leak.

Many Thanks once again, could not have done it without your help

Best regards
MA