Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
VisionSet

Default Combi in the loft

Okay, I've done a bit more research and it seems the Heat bank option has
leapt up to a ton shy of 2K so the combi is definitely still a contender.
Still looking at the actual make model options but the Worcester Bosch 40kW
HE Plus Condensing Combi is a strong possibility.

Now I still want to stick this stuff in the loft. A good location for me is
attached to the party wall. Are these upto supporting 50Kg?

As far as the access requirements go at present you can pop your head
through the loft and it would be right in front of you, since the loft is
low head room (4ft max at apex) it would be more convenient for service bod
to tackle it from waste at hatch height. So hopefully just a loft ladder
will do.

Other boiler options after top reliabilty/quality are satisfied may hinge on
the program options. Since it will be in the loft some sort of remote
option for the programmer would be best. I take it this is common. Though
alot seem geared to kitchen installation, 800 high, nice finish, inbuilt
digital displays - all of which are unnecessary for my loft. Suppose best
place for fault diagnostic display is on boiler.

Other than that I want max flow/heat 16 l/min @35°C rise to beat!

Can I do the whole fitting or do I need a Corgi chap for final connection.
How is the guarantee on the boiler affected by this? Will I EVER find a
plumber willing to do JUST the hook up (twiddle, fiddle, poke, 'that's okay
mate') at a reasonable rate?

Thoughts?
Everyone it seems loves a boiler thread

--