VisionSet

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
Andy Hall writes:
On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 11:39:25 GMT, "VisionSet"
wrote:

Okay, I've done a bit more research and it seems the Heat bank option

has
leapt up to a ton shy of 2K so the combi is definitely still a

contender.
Still looking at the actual make model options but the Worcester Bosch

40kW
HE Plus Condensing Combi is a strong possibility.

Now I still want to stick this stuff in the loft. A good location for

me is
attached to the party wall. Are these upto supporting 50Kg?

As long it's a structural , load bearing wall in good condition, that
should be OK.

The part in the loft usually isn't though.
Gable-end walls are notoriously weak, and can
sometimes be blown out with a strong wind, so
be careful. They don't support anything and
have no weight on them (above any purlins).
I certainly wouldn't mount a boiler anywhere
near the top of such a wall.

mmm, this is what I feared.
There are purlins and I suspect I can get it central to these.
The house is well built 1930, I'll have a good look at it, get my uncle
architect to take a look. Don't know what to do otherwise, substantially
repoint it, though it doesn't really look like it needs it.

--
Mike W