warwick

Default Shower too hot - thermostatic mixer

I've recently had two new bathrooms installed in my flat, and I'm
having an issue with the termonstatic mixed valves on each.

I can't turn the showers down cold enough - one is hot enough it's not
really comfortable to stand under it, and the other is comfortable but
still too hot for my liking.

The plumber who installed the valves doesn't seem to know what he is
doing, nor how to fix the problem.

I'm not sure how these valves differ, but this is a link to the valves
being used:

http://www.victoriaplumb.com/info_Sval09.html

Anyone have any ideas about how to fix this problem ? I do actually
LIKE to have a cold shower occasionally :-0

Both showers are being fed by a Monsoon 3 bar pump (twin).

Thanks.
Pete C

On 21 Sep 2004 03:26:50 -0700, (warwick) wrote:

I've recently had two new bathrooms installed in my flat, and I'm
having an issue with the termonstatic mixed valves on each.

I can't turn the showers down cold enough - one is hot enough it's not
really comfortable to stand under it, and the other is comfortable but
still too hot for my liking.

The plumber who installed the valves doesn't seem to know what he is
doing, nor how to fix the problem.

I'm not sure how these valves differ, but this is a link to the valves
being used:

http://www.victoriaplumb.com/info_Sval09.html

Anyone have any ideas about how to fix this problem ? I do actually
LIKE to have a cold shower occasionally :-0

Both showers are being fed by a Monsoon 3 bar pump (twin).

Hi,

This might help:

http://www.ultra-group.co.uk/faq/faq_shower1.htm

Though any flow restriction should be on the output of the pump to
avoid cavitation.

If the pump is connected with flexis try clamping the one on the hot
output.

cheers,
Pete.
Jim Warren

warwick wrote in message
om...
I've recently had two new bathrooms installed in my flat, and I'm
having an issue with the termonstatic mixed valves on each.

I can't turn the showers down cold enough - one is hot enough it's not
really comfortable to stand under it, and the other is comfortable but
still too hot for my liking.

The plumber who installed the valves doesn't seem to know what he is
doing, nor how to fix the problem.

I'm not sure how these valves differ, but this is a link to the valves
being used:

http://www.victoriaplumb.com/info_Sval09.html

Anyone have any ideas about how to fix this problem ? I do actually
LIKE to have a cold shower occasionally :-0

Both showers are being fed by a Monsoon 3 bar pump (twin).

Thanks.

Have you checked the installation instructions against the actual plumbing?

Connecting the hot to where the cold should be and vice versa could cause
these symptoms.

Jim