Paul Moore

Default Problems with pressure at thermostatic shower mixer

Hello,

I searched back through some of the earlier posts before posting this, and
it seems that everyone else has the opposite problem to me. When I adjust
the temperature control, the water pressure FALLS as I reduce the
temperature setting. The hot and cold pressure at the bath located next to
the shower is good. I have another shower downstairs with an identical
mixer, and there the pressure is constant over the temperature range.

I've used a thermometer to check that the actual temperature is correct when
set at the safety stop of 38C. At this temperature, the pressure is very
low, and it increases as I increase the temperature to its maximum.

Could it be that the cold water inlet is partially blocked, and so causing a
reduced pressure at lower temperatures?

Any ideas, many thanks,
Paul

Harry Ziman

I would suspect the cold water inlet as you suggest. Is there an in-line
filter at the cold water inlet? Is there a service valave for the shower to
isolate the cold water?
"Paul Moore" wrote in message
[...]

Paul Moore

Harry,

No, both hot and cold are directly attached to the respective inlets.
Strange that the cold inlet should have a lower pressure than at the bath
next to it....

"Paul Moore" wrote in message
[...]

Shower pressure slowly reducing ajg_xch UK diy 6 June 8th 04 08:49 PM
Gravity fed Shower mixer ; cold from mains, hot from cylinder tank Ghazali UK diy 5 February 16th 04 12:22 PM
shower pressure Louigi Cornetto UK diy 1 September 1st 03 07:14 PM
New Condensing Boiler and Shower Bjorn UK diy 19 August 13th 03 03:54 PM
Advice on which shower mixer? Lee Blaver UK diy 7 July 6th 03 12:39 PM