UK diy (uk.d-i-y) For the discussion of all topics related to diy (do-it-yourself) in the UK. All levels of experience and proficency are welcome to join in to ask questions or offer solutions.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 6,213
Default Chinese Nuke vents gases


https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...hreat-reported

Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?
  #2   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 145
Default Chinese Nuke vents gases

On 14/06/2021 18:24, Andrew wrote:

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...hreat-reported


Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?


Effing hell, you ****, go away. You could read the article... but, oh,
wait! Try alt.discussion.wank, not uk.d-i-y.

*PLONK*
  #3   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 387
Default Chinese Nuke vents gases

Andrew wrote in
:


https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...nts-gasses-aft
er-imminent-radiological-threat-reported

Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?


We should go with Small Modular Reactors.
  #4   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 2,699
Default Chinese Nuke vents gases

Yes just mention of the web site its on is a bit of a worry, If I recall
they also need a lot of your data before they will let you read anything.
Brian

--

This newsgroup posting comes to you directly from...
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
...
On 14/06/2021 18:24, Andrew wrote:

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...hreat-reported
Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?


Effing hell, you ****, go away. You could read the article... but, oh,
wait! Try alt.discussion.wank, not uk.d-i-y.

*PLONK*



  #5   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default Chinese Nuke vents gases

On 14/06/2021 17:24, Andrew wrote:

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...hreat-reported


Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?


Don't worry about it. A young lady professor speaking on the radio
explained that the gasses are due to a malfunctioning fuel rod, and that
this is a general reactor issue that is known and for which simple
corrective procedures are put in place. In other words, it's a non-story.

--
Spike


  #6   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 434
Default Chinese Nuke vents gases

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 08:29:32 +0100, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

Yes just mention of the web site its on is a bit of a worry, If I recall
they also need a lot of your data before they will let you read
anything.
Brian


Yes, it's clickbait.
  #7   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 434
Default Chinese Nuke vents gases

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 07:57:09 +0000, Spike wrote:

On 14/06/2021 17:24, Andrew wrote:

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...-vents-gasses-

after-imminent-radiological-threat-reported

Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?


Don't worry about it. A young lady professor speaking on the radio
explained that the gasses are due to a malfunctioning fuel rod, and that
this is a general reactor issue that is known and for which simple
corrective procedures are put in place. In other words, it's a
non-story.


Perhaps the ONR will not license it.
  #8   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default Chinese Nuke vents gases

On 15/06/2021 09:12, jon wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 07:57:09 +0000, Spike wrote:


On 14/06/2021 17:24, Andrew wrote:


https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...-vents-gasses-

after-imminent-radiological-threat-reported


Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?


Don't worry about it. A young lady professor speaking on the radio
explained that the gasses are due to a malfunctioning fuel rod, and that
this is a general reactor issue that is known and for which simple
corrective procedures are put in place. In other words, it's a
non-story.


Perhaps the ONR will not license it.


That's like refusing to award a type certificate to a vehicle because it
might get a puncture.


--
Spike
  #9   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 39,563
Default Chinese Nuke vents gases

On 15/06/2021 08:57, Spike wrote:
On 14/06/2021 17:24, Andrew wrote:

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...hreat-reported


Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?


Don't worry about it. A young lady professor speaking on the radio
explained that the gasses are due to a malfunctioning fuel rod, and that
this is a general reactor issue that is known and for which simple
corrective procedures are put in place. In other words, it's a non-story.

Correct. No leak. Just rather more xenon and krypton in the primary
water circuit.


--
"It is an established fact to 97% confidence limits that left wing
conspirators see right wing conspiracies everywhere"
  #10   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 39,563
Default Chinese Nuke vents gases

On 14/06/2021 21:06, JohnP wrote:
Andrew wrote in
:


https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...nts-gasses-aft
er-imminent-radiological-threat-reported

Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?


We should go with Small Modular Reactors.

More people died at Grenfell Towers than at Chernobyl


--
"It is an established fact to 97% confidence limits that left wing
conspirators see right wing conspiracies everywhere"


  #11   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,768
Default Chinese Nuke vents gases

On 15/06/2021 13:32, The Natural Philosopher wrote:

More people died at Grenfell Towers than at Chernobyl




The long term death toll from Chernobyl is probably several thousand.

Or, possibly several hundred thousand, according to the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...f6a_story.html

  #12   Report Post  
Posted to uk.d-i-y
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 756
Default Chinese Nuke vents gases

On 15/06/2021 12:52, GB wrote:
On 15/06/2021 13:32, The Natural Philosopher wrote:


More people died at Grenfell Towers than at Chernobyl


The long term death toll from Chernobyl is probably several thousand.


Or, possibly several hundred thousand, according to the Washington Post.


https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...f6a_story.html


Access Denied.

The LNT model has long been discredited, but there may be a reason why
an American newspaper wants to portray the Chernobyl reactor incident in
as gloomy a manner as possible.


--
Spike
Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Thawing permafrost vents gases to worsen warming whit3rd Metalworking 0 February 28th 20 08:16 PM
Boiler and stack vents - can I use tile vents? nafuk UK diy 0 January 26th 07 10:21 AM
Should vinyl siding vents line up with the existing vents? Terry Home Repair 3 December 21st 06 04:57 AM
No soffit vents, no roof or ridge vents. How do I finish my attic?? Yank_fan_2965 Home Repair 9 December 31st 05 06:37 AM
Number of return vents vs. supply vents jeff Home Repair 6 November 9th 04 05:05 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2023 DIYbanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about DIY & home improvement"