Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Chinese Nuke vents gases

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...hreat-reported

Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/06/2021 18:24, Andrew wrote:

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...hreat-reported

Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?

Effing hell, you ****, go away. You could read the article... but, oh,
wait! Try alt.discussion.wank, not uk.d-i-y.

*PLONK*
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Andrew wrote in
:

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...nts-gasses-aft
er-imminent-radiological-threat-reported

Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?

We should go with Small Modular Reactors.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Yes just mention of the web site its on is a bit of a worry, If I recall
they also need a lot of your data before they will let you read anything.
Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
On 14/06/2021 18:24, Andrew wrote:

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...hreat-reported
Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?

Effing hell, you ****, go away. You could read the article... but, oh,
wait! Try alt.discussion.wank, not uk.d-i-y.

*PLONK*

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/06/2021 17:24, Andrew wrote:

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...hreat-reported

Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?

Don't worry about it. A young lady professor speaking on the radio
explained that the gasses are due to a malfunctioning fuel rod, and that
this is a general reactor issue that is known and for which simple
corrective procedures are put in place. In other words, it's a non-story.

--
Spike

Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 08:29:32 +0100, Brian Gaff \(Sofa\) wrote:

Yes just mention of the web site its on is a bit of a worry, If I recall
they also need a lot of your data before they will let you read
anything.
Brian

Yes, it's clickbait.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
jon jon is offline

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...-vents-gasses-

after-imminent-radiological-threat-reported

Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?

Don't worry about it. A young lady professor speaking on the radio
explained that the gasses are due to a malfunctioning fuel rod, and that
this is a general reactor issue that is known and for which simple
corrective procedures are put in place. In other words, it's a
non-story.

Perhaps the ONR will not license it.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/06/2021 09:12, jon wrote:
On Tue, 15 Jun 2021 07:57:09 +0000, Spike wrote:

On 14/06/2021 17:24, Andrew wrote:

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...-vents-gasses-

after-imminent-radiological-threat-reported

Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?

Don't worry about it. A young lady professor speaking on the radio
explained that the gasses are due to a malfunctioning fuel rod, and that
this is a general reactor issue that is known and for which simple
corrective procedures are put in place. In other words, it's a
non-story.

Perhaps the ONR will not license it.

That's like refusing to award a type certificate to a vehicle because it
might get a puncture.

--
Spike
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/06/2021 08:57, Spike wrote:
On 14/06/2021 17:24, Andrew wrote:

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...hreat-reported

Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?

Don't worry about it. A young lady professor speaking on the radio
explained that the gasses are due to a malfunctioning fuel rod, and that
this is a general reactor issue that is known and for which simple
corrective procedures are put in place. In other words, it's a non-story.

Correct. No leak. Just rather more xenon and krypton in the primary
water circuit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 14/06/2021 21:06, JohnP wrote:
Andrew wrote in
:

https://www.zerohedge.com/energy/chi...nts-gasses-aft
er-imminent-radiological-threat-reported

Oh dear. Is this the same type being built at Hinkley C ?

We should go with Small Modular Reactors.

More people died at Grenfell Towers than at Chernobyl

Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

More people died at Grenfell Towers than at Chernobyl

The long term death toll from Chernobyl is probably several thousand.

Or, possibly several hundred thousand, according to the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...f6a_story.html

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/06/2021 12:52, GB wrote:

More people died at Grenfell Towers than at Chernobyl

The long term death toll from Chernobyl is probably several thousand.

Or, possibly several hundred thousand, according to the Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...f6a_story.html

Access Denied.

The LNT model has long been discredited, but there may be a reason why
an American newspaper wants to portray the Chernobyl reactor incident in
as gloomy a manner as possible.

--
Spike