Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Should vinyl siding vents line up with the existing vents?

They have started putting vinyl siding on my home and the vent holes in
the vinyl are at least a foot or two from where the existing vent holes
are.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Dec 20, 3:58 pm, "Terry" wrote:
They have started putting vinyl siding on my home and the vent holes in
the vinyl are at least a foot or two from where the existing vent holes
are.

I got a chance to look at some. It looks like they have put the vent
holes 4 ft on center in random locations. The existing vent holes are
8 ft on center.

I am guessing that having an extra hole in random locations instead of
a single hole where it is supposed to be is not as affective and a ****
poor way to do things.

I am going to ask them to change it. Anyone think this is unnecessary?

Posted to alt.home.repair
DT DT is offline

Umm, what vent holes?

--
Dennis

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Art is offline

Are you talking about the overhang? I doubt it makes a difference. The
vinyl hangs below the old overhang so there will be airflow in between. The
overhang holes are for sucking in air. The key thing is lots of them and
hopefully a ridgevent in the roof.

"Terry" wrote in message
ups.com...
On Dec 20, 3:58 pm, "Terry" wrote:
They have started putting vinyl siding on my home and the vent holes in
the vinyl are at least a foot or two from where the existing vent holes
are.

I got a chance to look at some. It looks like they have put the vent
holes 4 ft on center in random locations. The existing vent holes are
8 ft on center.

I am guessing that having an extra hole in random locations instead of
a single hole where it is supposed to be is not as affective and a ****
poor way to do things.

I am going to ask them to change it. Anyone think this is unnecessary?

No soffit vents, no roof or ridge vents. How do I finish my attic?? Yank_fan_2965 Home Repair 9 December 31st 05 05:37 AM
Cardboard to line furnace vents? LJ Home Repair 2 October 25th 05 10:20 AM
Foundation vents David Dixon Home Repair 2 September 15th 05 03:34 PM
Trickle Vents RedOnRed UK diy 2 September 4th 05 10:08 PM
Number of return vents vs. supply vents jeff Home Repair 6 November 9th 04 04:05 PM