Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Garden sprayer repair

Hi,
I have an old (1950's I think) sprayer much like this one:
https://solosprayers.co.uk/No-27-Sol...Garden-Sprayer

When I try to use it, water just leaks out of where the two pump pieces
join. I'm assuming there is a washer/seal/gasket missing but I just
can't work it out.
If anyone has any form of diagram or exploded view, that'd be great to
see what's missing.
Ta.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 12/06/2021 15:32, Grumps wrote:
Hi,
I have an old (1950's I think) sprayer much like this one:
https://solosprayers.co.uk/No-27-Sol...Garden-Sprayer

When I try to use it, water just leaks out of where the two pump pieces
join. I'm assuming there is a washer/seal/gasket missing but I just
can't work it out.
If anyone has any form of diagram or exploded view, that'd be great to
see what's missing.
Ta.

Has Sir taken it apard and examined the compoments, to find out how it
works? It's likely to be a worn out (probably leather) cup washer, or
some similar thing, as you say. These are still available.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Is it not like a glorified bicycle pump then?

Brian

The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!