Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Garden Sprayer (with metal wand; metal related)

Where's a good place to get a one galon garden sprayer? I
had one from Walmart, from some years ago. Came with a
bottle of Roundup. Nice yellow tank, black pump and funnel,
brass wand, great flow and delivery. And now it leaks.

Bought a cheapie from Harbor Freight, but it delivers hardly
any water flow. The ones walmart had last season used to
have, plastic wands and look like nearly no flow.

I use these to rinse dust out of condensors on refrigerated
equipment. The HF one doesn't blast enough to get all the
dust out the back of the corrugated fins.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Where's a good place to get a one galon garden sprayer? I
had one from Walmart, from some years ago. Came with a
bottle of Roundup. Nice yellow tank, black pump and funnel,
brass wand, great flow and delivery. And now it leaks.

Bought a cheapie from Harbor Freight, but it delivers hardly
any water flow. The ones walmart had last season used to
have, plastic wands and look like nearly no flow.

I use these to rinse dust out of condensors on refrigerated
equipment. The HF one doesn't blast enough to get all the
dust out the back of the corrugated fins.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.

Home depot, Lowes, etc all carry Hudson type 1 gallon sprayers. About $14.
http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...atalogId=10053

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 31 Jan 2010 21:37:43 -0500, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:

Where's a good place to get a one galon garden sprayer? I
had one from Walmart, from some years ago. Came with a
bottle of Roundup. Nice yellow tank, black pump and funnel,
brass wand, great flow and delivery. And now it leaks.

Bought a cheapie from Harbor Freight, but it delivers hardly
any water flow. The ones walmart had last season used to
have, plastic wands and look like nearly no flow.

I use these to rinse dust out of condensors on refrigerated
equipment. The HF one doesn't blast enough to get all the
dust out the back of the corrugated fins.

http://tinyurl.com/ybdy5f3

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Jan 31, 7:37*pm, "Stormin Mormon"
wrote:
Where's a good place to get a one galon garden sprayer? I
had one from Walmart, from some years ago. Came with a
bottle of Roundup. Nice yellow tank, black pump and funnel,
brass wand, great flow and delivery. And now it leaks.

Bought a cheapie from Harbor Freight, but it delivers hardly
any water flow. The ones walmart had last season used to
have, plastic wands and look like nearly no flow.

I use these to rinse dust out of condensors on refrigerated
equipment. The HF one doesn't blast enough to get all the
dust out the back of the corrugated fins.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
*www.lds.org
.

Look for an old water-based fire extinguisher. I got a stainless one
from a scrap dealer at scrap price, needed a couple of seals(o-rings),
blasts pretty good at rated pressure. You do need an external source
of air, though. Scrap dealer said they couldn't be used anymore at
schools and such due to changes in the law.

Stan
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Bought a cheapie from Harbor Freight, but it delivers hardly
any water flow. The ones walmart had last season used to
have, plastic wands and look like nearly no flow.

Have you got a $100 to get the real thing?
http://www.solousa.com/store/browse/..._sprayers.html

Every 500 or so hours of use there's a couple of washers to replace. One of
my units is 20 years old now.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Mon, 1 Feb 2010 19:20:53 -0500, the infamous "Karl Townsend"
scrawled the following:

Bought a cheapie from Harbor Freight, but it delivers hardly
any water flow. The ones walmart had last season used to
have, plastic wands and look like nearly no flow.

Have you got a $100 to get the real thing?
http://www.solousa.com/store/browse/..._sprayers.html

Every 500 or so hours of use there's a couple of washers to replace. One of
my units is 20 years old now.

Nice! I picked up a scratch-n-dent 2gal stainless Hudson with
backpack straps (as if) which is serving me well. $40 delivered.

--
Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire,
you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

I was thinking a bit less size and price than that. I only
use about a quart of water, at most, per condensor. On
another list, someone mentioned her brother, who changed
gasket and o ring, and got em working again. I went back for
another look. The leak turns out to be where the flexible
tubing flexed too many times, near the handle. I was able to
slide on some heat shrink tubing (thank you, Harbor Freight)
and reduce the leak. From a spray to a slow drip. So, the
old sprayer will last for a while longer.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Karl Townsend" wrote in
message
anews.com...

Have you got a $100 to get the real thing?
http://www.solousa.com/store/browse/..._sprayers.html

Every 500 or so hours of use there's a couple of washers to
replace. One of
my units is 20 years old now.

Karl

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Maybe ten years ago, I did buy a backpack sprayer. Can't
remember which company. HF or Northern tools, or some other
catalog place. Got the big 5 gal one. Fifty bucks, but it
looked like a neat toy. And it arrived with a gentle fan
sparay tip, not adjustable. To get the brass tip which was
adjustable, needs another $16.95 plus shipping, to the
company. I did that. And, in all the years I've owned it,
I've not used the sprayer for anything useful.

I figured it would be good for cleaning coils on roof top
AC, but havn't done one of those. Or for brush fires, but
havn't done one of those either.

I still have the sprayer. I should tear it apart, and
vaseline all the orings, and grease the sprayer tip threads
(brass tip; metal related content.)

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Larry Jaques" wrote in
message ...

Nice! I picked up a scratch-n-dent 2gal stainless Hudson
with
backpack straps (as if) which is serving me well. $40
delivered.

--
Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what
you desire,
you will what you imagine and at last you create what you
will.
-- George
Bernard Shaw

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Where's a good place to get a one galon garden sprayer? I
had one from Walmart, from some years ago. Came with a
bottle of Roundup. Nice yellow tank, black pump and funnel,
brass wand, great flow and delivery. And now it leaks.

Bought a cheapie from Harbor Freight, but it delivers hardly
any water flow. The ones walmart had last season used to
have, plastic wands and look like nearly no flow.

I use these to rinse dust out of condensors on refrigerated
equipment. The HF one doesn't blast enough to get all the
dust out the back of the corrugated fins.

I get em at yard sales. And I never buy plastic ones.

Shrug

Gunner

Whenever a Liberal utters the term "Common Sense approach"....grab your
wallet, your ass, and your guns because the sombitch is about to do
something damned nasty to all three of them.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 16:54:12 -0800, the infamous Gunner Asch
scrawled the following:

wrote:

Where's a good place to get a one galon garden sprayer? I
had one from Walmart, from some years ago. Came with a
bottle of Roundup. Nice yellow tank, black pump and funnel,
brass wand, great flow and delivery. And now it leaks.

Bought a cheapie from Harbor Freight, but it delivers hardly
any water flow. The ones walmart had last season used to
have, plastic wands and look like nearly no flow.

I use these to rinse dust out of condensors on refrigerated
equipment. The HF one doesn't blast enough to get all the
dust out the back of the corrugated fins.

I get em at yard sales. And I never buy plastic ones.

I do, for new insect/herb-icides I need to spray once or twice. I
usually give $0.50 for the little 1gal jobs...AFTER I've ensured that
they spray water and don't leak anywhere.

--
We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves
after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.